need help getting started...

3 posts in this topic

hey guys,

i hope you guys will hold the flaming for this one,

but keep in mind i have tried searching and tried doing everything I can before I posted this thread.

i used to be in this "scene" (for a lack of a better word) and had os x tiger installed on my dell xps 400.

My problem is, the only thing I remember doing was setting up a new partition and making sure the formatting on that drive was correct and compatible to os x tiger. this was years ago (as you can see by my join date to this forum)

if someone can possibly point me in the right direction on getting started, that would be awesome. I mean ive searched this forum, ive searched throughout osxproject wiki, everything is just different now since the last time I was here and for some reason everything to me is just blurry from years ago. What I am aiming for is dual booting windows vista ultimate along with os x snow leopard (or just leopard if thats the most up-to-date i can go.

thanks in advance everybody,

i definitely will try to forward this information to others who ask this type of question.

here are some quick specs:

- dell xps 400

- core duo 2.80GHz

- 1gb ram (yeah I know its low but it's minimum and it should be okay for me for now at least)

- currently running windows vista ultimate