Snow Leopard on Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

mrunwired

8 posts in this topic

I recently blew away my 10.5.6 vanilla install and have got SL *mostly* working on my box.

I've got sound and video working fine, but I cannot get my onboard NIC running, nor can I get an add-in NIC working that is known to work with SL... This one (TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR 10/ 100/ 1000/ 2000Mbps PCI Copper Gigabit Network Adapter), from NewEgg... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16833156139

With 10.5.6, I just installed the RealTek R1000 Kext, and everything was fine.

With SL, I install the "64 bit" or SL compatible Kext found here, and the *best* I get, with the Onboard NIC, is an Eth0 in Network panel that can't get a connection via DHCP, nor work with manually assigned addresses... With the TEG-PCITXR, I get bupkiss.

Help? Do I need to remove/disable something first? Am I using the wrong Kexts? Links to known-good drivers for this board and/or card for SL would be awesome.

The kext doesnt work in 64 bit Stay in 32 bit Unless your UD3R board is diffrent then mine you wont be putting 64+GB ram on it

Ok, I'm not what mode I'm in -- I thought that SL booted by default in 32-bit... I haven't done anything to force 64-bit booting.

How can I check and/or change which mode I'm in?

Ok, I'm not what mode I'm in -- I thought that SL booted by default in 32-bit... I haven't done anything to force 64-bit booting.

How can I check and/or change which mode I'm in?

What bootloader and installation method are you using?

Ryan

Hello, i use EX-58-UD3R.

I use this attached a kext .

This kext overwrite your AppleRTL8169Ethernet kext in the IonetworkingFamily.Kext(you should backup original).

When I disappeared(onboard ethernet ) & stop connect(i used usb ethernet) every 5 minutes,this kext repaired these fixes.

But ethernet became from en0 to 01 or so ,dont warry i can use Timemachine.

Soory bad english!!

bye!!!

Soory i fodot attached one.

RTGMac_v2.0.3.zip

I didn't think that RC2 was compatible with Snow Leopard. I know that RC3 is, so I'd say start by upgrading your chameleon bootloader to RC3.

you can enter "arch=i386" at chameleon startup to load in 32 bit mode, or you can add this flag to your com.apple.boot.plist file

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

Ryan