stuck at AppleIntelCPUManagement

adrian mak

35 posts in this topic

it seems to be related to another driver then. how are you getting your graphics working?

my display card is 8800GT 512MB. I used EFIStudio to get a EFI String and added in the com.Apple.Boot.xxxx file where located under /Extra folder.

I didn't add display card info in DSDT.

my display card is 8800GT 512MB. I used EFIStudio to get a EFI String and added in the com.Apple.Boot.xxxx file where located under /Extra folder.

I didn't add display card info in DSDT.

hmmm is there anything you can think of that would make it hang? like having two kexts that preform the same job?

Hi guys

I have the same problem, SL hangs at ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin ....Timeout..

I am not sure if that's a graphics card problem. I have a 7600GT, installs perfectly with EFI string. I can boot into SL, the problem occurs after I run the migration assistant to get everything from Time Machine..If then I reboot, I hang there.

I notice during the 1st boot(successful).

There is "Waiting for DSMOS"

Then wait for a few seconds, then I get into the SL GUI.

But in the boots where the system hangs.

I didn't see "Waiting for DSMOS"..

See screenshot..Does it ring any bell to anyone?

Thanks!

post-122866-1251668348_thumb.jpg

I have the P5E with 8800GT. I had the same problem when I tried to boot into 32bit mode, and it stucked in that timed out screen. Boot into 64bit mode was fine. I tried so many things, reinstalled kexts, repair permission, none of them helped. I just had to reinstall it again and haven't had the problem since.

I think my problem was that I tried to use my Leopard time machine backup file to do a full restore on Snow Leopard, so this time i only restore the user account, and reinstall the application. The system runs stable in both 64bit and 32bit for almost three days now.

Another thing is to use EFI studio to add both video and network card string to your com.apple.boot.plist file. It will save you from a lot of problems.

Hi guys

I am not sure if that's a graphics card problem. I have a 7600GT, installs perfectly with EFI string. I can boot into SL, the problem occurs after I run the migration assistant to get everything from Time Machine..If then I reboot, I hang there.

Thanks!

do you have more than one decrypter kext loading?

fakesmc.kext

dsmos.kext

appledecrypt.kext

Hi guys

Thanks!

I figure out the problem. It is to do with the graphics card driver. I use NVKush instead of EFI String. Because that EFI string affects my 10.5.8 partition.

I dual boot b/w 10.5.8 and SL. Chameleon Bootloader applies the same EFI string to 10.5.8 which causes some serious problems. I notice Quartz Extreme become unsupported. Animation for dashboard disappeared.

After I applied NVKush to SL and deleted EFI string from com.apple.boot.plist, SL becomes more stable. The random crash - black and white screen with restart your computer in multiple languages almost disappeared. It happens before once every 20~30mins.

When I muck around, mistakenly apply the nvidia kext from Diabolik's website.(It's leopard graphics update). I manage to reproduce the error - SL hangs at ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin ..Time out again. I am more for sure it is the graphics driver's problem.

So now I know why after I recover from time machine, then it hangs. I suspect time machine pulls some old stuff (graphics related) from Leopard which isn't suppose to be on SL. So I just ask Migration assistant to recover only the personal data. Not the applications and other settings. I install the apps manually.

For those system hangs @ ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin ..Timeout..Try to use NVKush instead of EFI String...See if that's working out for you.

Good luck

Hi, i had ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin error and stall at boot, i managed to get sl working by going into system/extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, right click and show package contents, then Contents/Plugins/ then i deleted ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext after that i was able to boot successfully. Hope this helps some of you guys!

Hi, i had ACPI_SMC_Platform Plugin error and stall at boot, i managed to get sl working by going into system/extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext, right click and show package contents, then Contents/Plugins/ then i deleted ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext after that i was able to boot successfully. Hope this helps some of you guys!

That seems to have worked. I got to the desktop. Thanks

By doing so, I get stuck at: :(

** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **

You know I get the ACPI_SMC error in Leopard 10.5.8 and it boots fine. I also get it in Snow and it boots fine. Hence I assume and am almost certain it is a gfx issue...i would try booting after removing the appropriate video kexts from your snow extensions folder first...if you have ati card remove all kexts that start with ati....if you have a nvidia card remove all geforce kexts, all nvda kexts...back them up though...