Need help overclocking a budget system

urgonah8me

1 post in this topic

Ok so I have been building a budget system on the very very cheap. I got a asrock G34Twins HD board and I bought a cheap e1200 (1.6ghz) and have 2gb of ddr3 1600mhz ram (its underclocked to 1066 because of the board)

Basicaly this has cost me abouts £80 which isnt bad at all... and I knew the e1200 was a great overclocking.. my problem is.. im not getting as great as people have been saying.

I have managed to get the fsb to 350 x 8 giving me 2.8ghz.. so i tried to go further.. and the board wouldnt post... so I unplugged the power and then plugged it all back in and get back onto bios and tried to go back to 350fsb which was working great...

For some reason I can no longer get the fsb to 350 if I attempt it the board wont post... but 349 works fine which is like 2.79ghz

i really wanted to take this up to the 3ghz mark but I cant even get to the 2.8 anymore.. and I have no idea why...I tried upping the voltage to the cpu but it had no effect and I also attempted to do the same with the NB but still I cant get post if my fsb is set to 350

can anyone help me out?