Kernel panic when installing 10A432 on Hackintosh

Suzuka

9 posts in this topic

I got the (reportedly) Golden Master version of snow leopard from the green demons, and restored it to a 10gb partition (I don't have any DVD-DL). I boot into it with Chameleon and on the apple loading screen, I see a bunch of numbers and get a kernel panic.

Heres my setup:

Intel core2quad, nvidia 9500GT, 4gb ram, and Gigabyte G31M-ES3L motherboard. And I'm running Leopard fine.

I got the (reportedly) Golden Master version of snow leopard from the green demons, and restored it to a 10gb partition (I don't have any DVD-DL). I boot into it with Chameleon and on the apple loading screen, I see a bunch of numbers and get a kernel panic.

Heres my setup:

Intel core2quad, nvidia 9500GT, 4gb ram, and Gigabyte G31M-ES3L motherboard. And I'm running Leopard fine.

just try with boot-flag -f

just try with boot-flag -f

NEVER use -f on Snow Leopard, use Kext Utility !

Heres my setup:

only installing Chameleon is not enough ... there will be more work to do for running the snow ... go and play with your Leopard !

Patched kernel is not neceessary...

I've got a full up and running 64 bit 10.6 on a P31-DS3L

Can't get 32 bit to load, but hey, 64's not bad :blink:

Installed onto USB HDD from ISO when already booted into Leo

64bit Kexts used...

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

FakeSMC.kext

AHCIPortinjector.kext (not sure if needed)

voodooHDA.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

GFX, Audio, Lan via DSDT.aml

I do recall after the initial boot that my drives and such were folder icons and I KP'd. Second boot was the same thing, but I restarted before another KP. on the 3rd reboot, drives were there, no KP since.

• 2 weeks later...