[Guide & Boot CD] D-Series Latitude/w NVIDIA or GMA950 and Intel Dual Core Retail Installs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1331 replies to this topic

Skeeve

Skeeve

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi leppy,

I am trying to download the D620SLV1.iso but when i try to the website site it goes to say folder not found. Can you please help me. Thanks!

Same for me. I managed to install OS X 6 on my D630 but WiFi does not work. When I switch it on in BIOS, the boot process fails with a kernel panic.

dawntodon

dawntodon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
can someone reupload d620slv1.iso? Thanks leppy for all your hard work!

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Longhorn, OSX, Women and computers
Hi,

Leppys work was the kick off by alot of things - one of them an entire site dedicated to Dell Latitudes - however, hes method have been replaced by more "up2date" methods such as myHack.

Head to to: Install osx on a dell - there you will find excally what you need to run osx on your dell.

dawntodon

dawntodon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi valkin. I've tried the most up to date bootpack and EDP which doesn't work as out of the box as leppy's iso did for my D620 when installing Snow Leopard 10.6.0. I tried an older EDP(1.2) with the hopes that it would help with my situation but it hasn't. I installed Lion onto my computer but it's super sluggish and I was looking to move back to Snow Leopard but lost my copy of leppy's iso, thinking that the mediafire link would be alive for good. Mea culpa.

But to be specific with my problem, when running the installer, I'm prompted with an image of a mouse with batteries needing to be replaced, which probably means that my trackpad (nor my keyboard) is detected.

Thanks!

valkin

valkin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Longhorn, OSX, Women and computers
Hey,

I know that one of the crew members have D620 and it runs like a dream, i personally have D430 with Lion.. also works like a dream.

Suggestion: use myhack+lion+edp 3.x :-)

lrowen

lrowen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Old thread, but a good one....

Seeing that the OSXL stuff somewhat descends from this CD, I'm interested to see if anyone has 'crossgraded' from the original leppy700m CD to using OSXL's EDP, and what you might have run across doing such a 'crossgrade.'

UPDATE.

Crossgrade does work, but care is needed. See: http://forum.osxlati...ge-10#entry3944 and its enclosing thread for the major clues needed.

JTylerBlake

JTylerBlake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have my laptop working now. I got Mac OS X 10.6.0 installed on it. I found the boot loader about 1 year ago. There is only one problem, I am getting the boot0: error message at start up when i boot from the hard drive. How do I fix it?

lrowen

lrowen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have my laptop working now. I got Mac OS X 10.6.0 installed on it. I found the boot loader about 1 year ago. There is only one problem, I am getting the boot0: error message at start up when i boot from the hard drive. How do I fix it?

I got the boot0 issue a few days ago, but 'fixed' it by copying back a pristine copy of /Extra. But I had a fully working setup since 2009 until then, and just copied what had been working in 2009.

And I can say that you can

JTylerBlake

JTylerBlake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I got the boot0 issue a few days ago, but 'fixed' it by copying back a pristine copy of /Extra. But I had a fully working setup since 2009 until then, and just copied what had been working in 2009.

And I can say that you can

Since my last hard drive had crashed I don't have a working copy of /extra. Would you mind giving me a copy of the /extra folder. I would greatly appreciate it.

lrowen

lrowen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
JTylerBlake,

I'd recommend you use the OSXL (osxlatitude.com) methods at this point. You'll be happier.

Can you currently boot the bootCD in this thread? If so, you can boot your installation that way and use it to create the boot USB the OSXL method needs.

I went through the two different /Extra directories (the one where I got the boot0: error, and the one that works (well, worked until I reinstalled with the OSXL method)):
dhcp-pool160:/ root# diff -rq Extra-leppy Extra-backup
Files Extra-leppy/.32plist and Extra-backup/.32plist differ
Files Extra-leppy/.64plist and Extra-backup/.64plist differ
Files Extra-leppy/com.apple.Boot.plist and Extra-backup/com.apple.Boot.plist differ
... (additional items in /Extra-backup/tmp, and they're all '._' files)...

In that snippet above, Extra-leppy is the copy of the working /Extra; Extra-backup is a copy of the non-working /Extra. Looking at the three differing files:
dhcp-pool160:/ root# diff -u Extra-leppy/.32plist Extra-backup/.32plist
--- Extra-leppy/.32plist 2009-11-22 01:05:26.000000000 -0500
+++ Extra-backup/.32plist 2013-04-02 16:56:52.000000000 -0400
@@ -9,6 +9,6 @@
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
-	 <string>10</string>
+	 <string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>
dhcp-pool160:/ root# diff -u Extra-leppy/.64plist Extra-backup/.64plist
--- Extra-leppy/.64plist 2009-11-22 01:05:11.000000000 -0500
+++ Extra-backup/.64plist 2013-04-02 16:56:52.000000000 -0400
@@ -9,6 +9,6 @@
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
-	 <string>10</string>
+	 <string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>
dhcp-pool160:/ root# diff -u Extra-leppy/com.apple.Boot.plist Extra-backup/com.apple.Boot.plist
--- Extra-leppy/com.apple.Boot.plist 2009-11-22 01:03:14.000000000 -0500
+++ Extra-backup/com.apple.Boot.plist 2013-04-02 16:56:52.000000000 -0400
@@ -9,6 +9,6 @@
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
-	 <string>10</string>
+	 <string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>
dhcp-pool160:/ root#

And that's just the timeout. So the files themselves didn't differ. But the permissions and ownerships aren't checked by 'diff -rq' as above. And the ownership is different, and I'll have to check and see what that tells me.... Will update.

UPDATE:

After a bit of research, it's rather unlikely that what fixed mine will fix yours, and a copy of my /Extra (which was directly from the original bootCD posted way back) won't help you. This is because of what caused my issue in the first place. There is something else going on in your case, I'm afraid, and not having your box in front of me I don't think I can successfully guide you through it. Sorry.

Abs7-leo

Abs7-leo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I manage to install os x snow leopard 10.6.0 on my D620 and combo update to 10.6.6 (qe/ci enabled).
Can I combo update to 10.6.8 without any problems? Does anybody tried 10.6.8?

lrowen

lrowen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You want to change over to the OSXlatitude EDP system.  See http://www.osxlatitude.com

That is based off this work, to a degree, and is much better supported.  I transistioned a 10.6.0 D620 from this method to EDP and then upgraded to 10.6.8, long time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy