Gigabyte G31M-ES2L Retail install airtunes not working

mecanoiz

3 posts in this topic

i've installed a retail osx 10.5.7 on this board using chameleon en kexts loaded on EFI partition and everything works except airtunes.

I can ping the airport express but the airport util & itunes can't find it.

Tried restarting the afp and bonjour daemons and loading serveral network kext such as RTL1000 and RTL8169. This board is far more compatible then my old asus p5k e wifi but I need the airtunes feature as my receiver is out of reach and cables crossing the room is no option

• 3 weeks later...
i've installed a retail osx 10.5.7 on this board using chameleon en kexts loaded on EFI partition and everything works except airtunes.

I can ping the airport express but the airport util & itunes can't find it.

Tried restarting the afp and bonjour daemons and loading serveral network kext such as RTL1000 and RTL8169. This board is far more compatible then my old asus p5k e wifi but I need the airtunes feature as my receiver is out of reach and cables crossing the room is no option

I'm having the same problem, with the same MoBo. I can network with all other Mac's in my house, but when I try to use my iphone remote to control my Hack, it doesn't see the remote. I assume airtunes over AE won't work either. I am trying to get this setup, but won't purchase AE's if I can't Airtunes them.

If you find a fix somewhere else, please post here, and I will do the same If I find one.