Cannot connec to AFP or SMB on a newly installed iDeneb 10.5.7

codylo

8 posts in this topic

I got a working Kalyway 10.5.3 which connect to my NAS using either SMB or AFP without any problem for long time. I have installed the latest iDeneb 10.5.7, everything works well, including networking but just the SMB and APF thing not work as expected, it shows a message when I try to connect to the share folder on my NAS:

the text entered does not appear to be a recognized url format

The entered URL must be the correct one as what I entered on my running 10.5.3, but just not working on this shiny new installation which I would like to migrate to.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-203411-1248623803_thumb.png

post-203411-1248623821_thumb.png

same problem here, fresh ideneb 1.5 install, no cmd-K action works.

networking doesn't seem to be the issue, as mounting samba shares via command-line works perfectly. also, the problem occurs with my built-in network adapter as well as with my external wifi-usb-dongle, and it persists over several different kernels.

you can find an article in the apple support database that deals with these exact symptoms, but the given solution doesn't work for me: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1736

essentially, it says the problem stems from migrating user accounts from 10.4 to 10.5 or using a time capsule to import user data. as a solution you're supposed to delete a folder called '/System/Library/Filesystems/URLMount (from old Mac)' - which as you might have guessed doesn't exist on my machine.

maybe the solution can be found somewhere in this '/System/Library/Filesystems/' folder. or maybe not. i'll try to look into this as soon as possible.

involved components:

intel d945gclf2d atom 330

d-link dwl-g122 rev.c1 usb-wifi-adapter

Hi,

Ran into the same problem, after installing iDeneb 10.5.7 a couple of days ago.

Searching in Google, found the following page: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t73334.html

They've suggested running the following commands from the terminal:

sudo rm /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

This has resolved the problem immediately.

Regards,

Ilya.

• 4 weeks later...

sudo ln -s /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/afpfs.kext /System/Library/Filesystems/afpfs.fs

Thanks ! Worked for me as well.

sash

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Ran into the same problem, after installing iDeneb 10.5.7 a couple of days ago.

Searching in Google, found the following page: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t73334.html

They've suggested running the following commands from the terminal:

Regards,

Ilya.

thanks worked for me as well