Oblivion cider 2583

theweakend

7 posts in this topic

This is a howto and update to the new cider version I made the other day I think it runs faster and the sound problem works now (the impact volume is no longer absurdly loud, its just hit or miss whether it plays or not it plays). You do need the original oblivion disc and the installed oblivion files.

INSTALLATION

1) Download the Oblivion app here

2) Extract it and put your "Bethesda Softworks" folder in "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files" to do this you are going to have to control + click the "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.app" and select "Show Package Contents"

3) Then dump the contents of you Oblivion cd into "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/f_drive" (this is so you don't have to have a no cd crack.)

Editing you oblivion.ini (Make sure you do this the game well run better)

How to install addons

How to get hdr working (if this is not hdr please let me know and i well see what i can do)

If you have any suggestions to make this a better build leave a comment.

With this version, where's oblivion.ini and the savegames?

It's not in users/documents/my games like my old version.

Started a new game and this version is way more stable, so far no crashes but still the lag when an enemy enters you, though that may be fixed once I find oblivion.ini...

All I get is a black screen with background sounds, so I reverted back to my previous version. To solve the lag with the enemy, turn off background music. Never had any problems at all with the old versions. Only thing I was interested in this version was the background music and its lag, since I was unable to test it, someone else did. The saved games were still in the same postion, in your user/library/preference/Oblivion folder as usual, the saved games have no business in being in the users/documents folder, its users/library/preference/Oblivion folder somewhere in the pdrive, just browse the pdrive and u will find it. If for some reason in the "info.plist" preference path was changed, this may be a reason why it was unable to find the saved games. On my comp its called Oblivion, I also seen Elder Scroll IV as a Preference folder name linking to that path.

It works now as you suggested, but the p_drive didn't excist and the files were really at the other (maybe wrong) location.

I haven't really been able to find it out.

So far it works with the 2 expansions, smoothly after turning of the background music, and strangely I don't miss it at all.

I also figured out what gave it a black background as you described it, I had to disable hdr and everything worked great., maybe it helps for you as well.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This is a howto and update to the new cider version I made the other day I think it runs faster and the sound problem works now (the impact volume is no longer absurdly loud, its just hit or miss whether it plays or not it plays). You do need the original oblivion disc and the installed oblivion files.

INSTALLATION

1) Download the Oblivion app here

2) Extract it and put your "Bethesda Softworks" folder in "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files" to do this you are going to have to control + click the "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.app" and select "Show Package Contents"

3) Then dump the contents of you Oblivion cd into "The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/f_drive" (this is so you don't have to have a no cd crack.)

Editing you oblivion.ini (Make sure you do this the game well run better)

How to install addons

How to get hdr working (if this is not hdr please let me know and i well see what i can do)

If you have any suggestions to make this a better build leave a comment.

Um i have a question, where am i supposed to get the bethesda folder?

• 1 year later...