Help with HD4830

Jtrx111

4 posts in this topic

Hey,

Hoping someone can help me out with this issue. I am using an HD4830, DVI port furthest from the mobo, adapter in the first slot (running 10.5.7 by the way). After installing all of the files mentioned at the beginning of this post (Natit, Accel, etc.) I found that the start up process hangs at the following point:

/usr/sbin/ocspd[69]:starting

NTFS volume name Disk 2 version 3.1

When I boot in safe mode, I am able to get to the desktop with 1680x1050 resolution but no QE/CI support. Any idea what might be causing the hang and what I can do to get around it? How to get QE/CI support?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Startup is now hanging at this point when I boot:

**Device in slot : SLOT-1**

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start -waitforservice(resourcematching(AppleIntelPowerManagement) timed out

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::getCPU_PSSData -_PSS evaluation failed

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::getCPU_PSSData -_PSS evaluation failed

If I remove the DVI -> VGA adapter from the first slot (which seems to be what is causing the trouble in this case), I make it past this point but get a black screen. Any more ideas?

/usr/sbin/ocspd[69]:starting
It's nothing to do with your NTFS drives.

I found through digging through the posts here that if it fudges up shortly after ocspd it is because of the video kexts hanging the system, as that is when they load and they halt before producing a message.

Search my backposts for alternate driver kext set to try, I posted a "64-bit patched motmot" thing that works great on my Sapphire 4830, though I do need the VGA adapter in (I get a black screen without it, inserting it at any time even without reboot gives me a picture.) Oh, and do read the instructions, it is important to get rid of conflicting/old kext first in safe mode or from single user mode, reboot and then install these.

The ones in the thread you are referring to (but obviously didn't post in or reference at *all* here... duh?) don't work for most people with 4830 - those that they do work for should actually use the newer files from netkas's blog (did I mention that thread was OLD, as in pre-pre-10.5.7 with some 10.5.7beta files hack-patched to work on 10.5.6?) Though, I *haven't* tried the new bit posted by drumthrasher at the top of the first post (instead of the stuff that doesn't work below that on my 4830), as far as I know that is meant mainly for 4870 owners - the packages it is based around don't work on my 4830 to begin with so I haven't bothered...