Stuck on spinning apple logo

1 post in this topic

Please help me to get this to work, I promise to make a donation if someone helps me to get OSX working on my PC!

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 with Intel Chipset.

Intel Quadcore 2.4ghz

3GB RAM

70GB Sata HDD

Integrated Intel Q35 graphics.

I have tried the Iatkos 10.5.5 DVD

I've tried various options but each time, after Leopard installs and I reboot for the first time, I just get the apple logo and spinning wheel.

Have I got the wrong distro, or am I not selecting an option properly? I used the Iatkos installer to wipe the HDD and create a new MAC GUID partition journaled. I selected stock ACPI and SATA drivers, also tried selecting various other drivers.

Please help to save me time as I've spent 2 evenings now!

Am I better off using another distro, if so which one?

Many thanks for your help.

I tried searching the forums also.

Please help me to get this to work, I promise to make a donation if someone helps me to get OSX working on my PC!

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 with Intel Chipset.

Intel Quadcore 2.4ghz

3GB RAM

70GB Sata HDD

Integrated Intel Q35 graphics.

I have tried the Iatkos 10.5.5 DVD

I've tried various options but each time, after Leopard installs and I reboot for the first time, I just get the apple logo and spinning wheel.

Have I got the wrong distro, or am I not selecting an option properly? I used the Iatkos installer to wipe the HDD and create a new MAC GUID partition journaled. I selected stock ACPI and SATA drivers, also tried selecting various other drivers.

Please help to save me time as I've spent 2 evenings now!

Am I better off using another distro, if so which one?

Many thanks for your help.

I tried searching the forums also.

Ignore this, it seems to be working now! Well network, GFX and sound isn't working yet but the basic OS is there!

Need to work out how to get these working and I'll be sorted!