• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

shadow288

shadow288

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
i think you didnt think about performance and usability posting such things like "we need more ajax and php"

1) this forums software is a good piece of php development work...
2) usability: not everyone has javascript or flash enabled... it would be stupid to make a template with this and i grant you 70% of all users wont see it. Statistics of W3 etc show you that people are still using IE6 and a resolution of 1024x768px...

I work for a design agency so please don't post anything about you dont have a clue what it is.

This webtemplate is simple, clear and nice looking. it has a great usability for the most webbrowsers and resolutions.

Timdphotos

Timdphotos

InsanelyMac bookPro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
I kinda like it

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

i think you didnt think about performance and usability posting such things like "we need more ajax and php"

1) this forums software is a good piece of php development work...
2) usability: not everyone has javascript or flash enabled... it would be stupid to make a template with this and i grant you 70% of all users wont see it. Statistics of W3 etc show you that people are still using IE6 and a resolution of 1024x768px...

I work for a design agency so please don't post anything about you dont have a clue what it is.

This webtemplate is simple, clear and nice looking. it has a great usability for the most webbrowsers and resolutions.

You working for a design agency doesn't mean anything man, I also know design and about how the web is transforming in terms of technology so you don't need to tell me that.

Go update your statistics 1024x768 has gone out the window already :) as from WC3 20% use 1024x768, 76% use higher so don't talk about rubiish dude if you don't have the facts.

Every designer knows a website should be updated frequently, Go read Steve Krugs book about Web usability and then you will at least know better then you do.

vintty

vintty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I thought it looked nice... :|

shadow288

shadow288

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

You working for a design agency doesn't mean anything man, I also know design and about how the web is transforming in terms of technology so you don't need to tell me that.

Go update your statistics 1024x768 has gone out the window already :| as from WC3 20% use 1024x768, 76% use higher so don't talk about rubiish dude if you don't have the facts.

Every designer knows a website should be updated frequently, Go read Steve Krugs book about Web usability and then you will at least know better then you do.

Here are your statistics! http://www.w3counter...globalstats.php

My Resolution, which is 1920x1080px is at 1,97%, 1280x1024px is at 10,88% and 1024x768px is still the first place 25,41%

And on top there is still the Internet Explorer (all versions) with 46,9%....

If you're a real designer you know the work for making a website usable for all browsers ans resolutions out there...
You cannot make a website looking nice for this 1,97% ^^

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Here are your statistics! http://www.w3counter...globalstats.php

My Resolution, which is 1920x1080px is at 1,97%, 1280x1024px is at 10,88% and 1024x768px is still the first place 25,41%

And on top there is still the Internet Explorer (all versions) with 46,9%....

If you're a real designer you know the work for making a website usable for all browsers ans resolutions out there...
You cannot make a website looking nice for this 1,97% ^^

w3schools.com is very well known.

1024x768 and higher is 76%
IE6 for 2010 is 7.9 %
Netscape is 0, discontinued product because of Mozilla.
Firefox 2010 46.4 %
Opera 2.2% very low
Chrome 13.6%
Safari 3.7%

As you can see the old ways of doing things in design have to change due to technology. As a designer you learn to test your sites on multiple platforms, multiple browsers, Windows, Linux, MacOSX as all operating systems render differently with font, colours, graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy