Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG OS X?/

RyantheMacDude

8 posts in this topic

Can SOMEONE please tell me step by step how to install a Intel Pro Wireless 3945 card into leopard 10.5.6,

I've done what the instructions on Darwin tell me to do, run the program yet when Leopard boots it crashes and asks me to restart, I am beside myself trying to do it again and would REALLY REALLY appreciate someone telling me STEP BY STEP how to install this card into Leopard on my Inspiron 1520 Laptop.

Please,

Matt

please just ban those who do not read the forums/search on how to install the intel wifi cards. We go over this hundreds of times...READ THE STICKY!!!!!!!!! THEN YOU'LL KNOW THERE IS NO WAY YET!!!!! I am tired of seeing posts that say "3945 on osx86" and then when I open the thread it is talking about an ignorant person who wants to know how to install the driver for the card and it shatters my hopes of seeing a post with a driver or a developer who wants to help work on the project. Just PLEASE ban or suspend or do something to those who don't search the forums or read the sticky. THE STICKY IS RIGHT THERE!!!!!!! I'm getting soooooo aggrivated right now! I've been waiting on the Intel Wifi 5100 for months and there are some who have been waiting on the 3945 for 2 years. It really frustrates me seeing a new post on the sticky about how the driver crashes someone's computer while I'm hoping it it's about something a bit more important. So mods, just please ban those who don't take 2 minutes to search things up before they PO any more of us. Thanks

Mr. Moneybags

PS: In case those who didn't fully read my post...

THERE IS NO INTEL WIFI 2200,3945,4965,5100,5300 DRIVER YET!!!!!!!!!

A general rule is to read everything you possibly can before starting a new thread. Almost all hardware has some sort of info on here. There is that HUGE thread for the development (or lack of) those Intel wireless cards, spending a few minutes reading would have saved you some trouble.

I suggest buying a new card, I replaced my 3945 with a Dell 1390. Works like a charm.