The Settlers 6 cider porting

Basdart

14 posts in this topic

Hi.

I will porting the game "The Settlers 6" to a mac version. I installed the game with crossover games and then i copy the install files in a cider version (2097).

The game starts great...videos and the menue works fine. but

if i start a mission or a free game, i become a failure one second befor i can see the "life" game. If i click yes or no, i come back to the Ingame, but the screen is black (i heard the settlers music)

here is a picture

bild4y.th.png

can anybody help me?

PS: I added the d3dgl.dll file and set it in the config file from cider to "native, builtin". If i start the game, i become an another failure (befor the game realy starts)

PPS: Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Edit:

i found a crash report. maybe it can help

[------- Crash Report -------]

Created: Mon Mar  9 01:48:07 2009
  Exception 0xc0000005 occurred at 0x0xdeadbeef: Access violation reading location 0xdeadbeef

[------- Process Info -------]

PID 1 crashed in TID 3

Base		  End		  Name
  ERROR-> could not enumerate loaded modules

[-------- Registers ---------]

EIP=deadbeef EAX=94461e20 EBX=00000002 ECX=00ff0e88 EDX=0072312f
  EBP=00ff0ef4 ESP=00ff0e88 EDI=71320a00 ESI=00000005 EFL=00210202

[------- Stack trace --------]

SymInitialize() failure

[--- End of Crash Report ----]

Right click your .app . Select "Show package contents". Go to Contents/MacOS and open the cider file in terminal. (By double clicking it.)

Let it do what it did to make it crash, and copy all the error messages from terminal. Then paste that in the form I gave you in my last post :(

I need to see the debug information from terminal so I can help.

Thats better. Ok. I have read the first email, and you have already done what I would recommend (adding those two dlls)

In response to the second email, check the following:

-if you have included USER32.dll in the cider, try removing it.

-include userenv.dll in the system32 folder (there are a lot of errors about this missing)

you can download it from: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?userenv

Try if it works then. And do the same as before, open it in terminal and email me the debug using that form.

(I would add the userenv.dll first then try, if it doesnt work, try removing the USER32.dll)

Good luck :D

Is the rest of the game working now?

Check if:

nvcpldeu.dll is there, if not, download it (search google) and put it in system32

nvcplloc.dll is there, if not, download it (search google) and put it in system32

and the other errors I'm afraid I don't know how to fix..