iPC 10.5.6 AMD

8 posts in this topic

Well, this is my first topic, and its basically about how I got OSX to work on my AMD pc. I needed OSX 10.5.3 or better so I could try and use Apple's iPhone SDK. Hopefully this will help someone that's having the same problems I had.

After 4 separate installation disks not fully functioning/working for me (kalyway 10.5.2, iDeneb 10.5.5, leo4all 10.5.2, and Zephyroth 10.5.2) I read about iPC about a week ago and decided to give it a try. After I download iPC 10.5.6, burnt the disk and booted up from it, it was very simple (at least compared to the other distributions I tried).

Here's some background information about what I'm doing. I'm tribooting Windows Vista, Windows 7, and now Mac OSX. I use EasyBCD as my bootloader. And lastly I'd never used OSX before and so I don't know how to install kexts and all that stuff.

I probably installed iPC around 10 times before I got all the correct drivers.

Here on some of my pc specs-

-Acer Aspire T180

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

-3.00GB of RAM

-ATI HD 2600 XT PCIE

-250GB SATA HD

-RealTek ALC888 Audio

-Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCIE Ethernet controller

Problems I encountered with other distributions mentioned above

-could not complete installation

-had to remove 2 RAM chips to complete installation

-no audio

-no internet

-time out of sync with windows

Problems with iPC-

-no audio (caused a few reinstalls)

-no video even with correct audio driver

-waiting for root device

-one kernel panic (forgot to install a patch)

-missing or corrupt MBR

-time out of sync with windows (install dual boot time sync patch)

To fix the iPC problems-

-ALC888 (old) (only audio driver that worked took me about 5 reinstalls to figure that out)

-Natit video driver (fixed no video, the drive made for my ATI card wouldn't work with the chipset for some odd reason)

-AppleNforeata chipset driver (fixed waiting for root device)

-Seatbelt 9.5.5 (fixed my kernel panic when mounting DMGs)

-fixing the missing or corrupt MBR was fairly simple althought I found no information on the internet that helped me with it. The problem was when ever I tried to book up OSX it would say /NST/nst_mac.mbr missing or corrupt file (something along the lines of that). In EasyBCD it said the drive was /Device/HarddiskVolume2 and the path was /NST/nst_mac.mbr. To fix it I set the drive to C and made a new file in drive C called NST then I copied nst_mac.mbr from /Device/HarddiskVolume2 to the new folder. Next time I booted up it worked.

First boot

-boot with -f flag

-make sure you set up a password with your account, because otherwise it will mess up some installers.

I'll add a pic once I finish setting up all of my programs.

EDIT - Here's a screenshot, not that I'm on an AMD not an Intel like it says in the box.

osx1mx0.png

I also tried at least 4 DVDs (All versions of iAtkos, kalyway) all of them didn't work...Do u think i should try iPC? if yes, please tell me how to set up the dual boot and which patches to choose because i don't want to reinstall..

my specs:

HP Dv4t notebook

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz T9400

4GB RAM

nVIDIA 9200m GS

Altec Lansing Speakers

Built in HP webcam

320 GB SATA hard drive

Windows Vista Home Premium

• 2 months later...

I also have the Aspire t180, I am trying to install iPC 10.5.6 also but I get waiting on root device when trying to boot the installation disk. So i try ideneb and I can install, but then I get the waiting on root device.

Im not trying to dual boot or anything, just straight up MAC osx, Any advice?

-had to remove 2 RAM chips to complete installation

You didn't have to do that. You can just boot with maxmem=2048

EDIT - Here's a screenshot, not that I'm on an AMD not an Intel like it says in the box.

The Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel does that for compatibility reasons. It's in the manual.

Any dual core CPU will be set to Core 2 Duo, single core CPUs to Core Solo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

-3.00GB of RAM

-ATI HD 2600 XT PCIE

-250GB SATA HD

-RealTek ALC888 Audio

-Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCIE Ethernet controller

exact same specs as me except i have 2gb of ram

i was wondering if u can help me because was going to the sdk too

ive tried 4 times already

1st try with -v "still waiting for root device" on the verbose boot thingy

2nd with -v -x -y cpus=1 same thing

3rd try same thing

4th i forgot but it had the same root device thing can you help me?

• 6 months later...

I keep getting the screen in the image below after installing iPC 10.5.6 on first boot and it stays at that screen and it doesn't do anything at all. I tried -v and -f but nothing. I am a total newbee to installing Mac OS X on a PC, so I need to know what to choose in the customizing menu for my system. I also need to know if I use MBR, GUI, or what in addition to Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) to partition my Pata HDD. Any help would be very most appreciated.

My Comp Specs are:

Compaq Presario SR5710f

Amd Athlon 64 X2 4450e 2.3GHz

3GB of DDR2

Nforce 4 chipset

WD 250GB Pata Hdd

Pioneer Pata DVD Burner

Sata DVD Burner

Nvidia Geforce 6150SE

D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N PCIe Desktop adapter

Nforce 4 Lan ethernet card

post-555209-1263193610_thumb.jpg