Updating iTunes from 4.8 to 4.9?

urig-herb

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

since iTunes is a PPC app it should be possible to update it from the devkit version 4.8 to 4.9 via the normal iTunes installer from the apple homepage. Did someone try this? I'm a bit afraid to break something.

thank you

urig-herb

PS: I'm running a "Devkit" with Asrock 775Dual and Celeron326, runs great!

Hi,

since iTunes is a PPC app it should be possible to update it from the devkit version 4.8 to 4.9 via the normal iTunes installer from the apple homepage. Did someone try this. I'm a bit afraid to break something.

thank you

urig-herb

PS: I'm running a "Devkit" with Asrock 775Dual and Celeron326, runs great!

From what I've heard it's not the best idea.

since iTunes is a PPC app it should be possible to update it from the devkit version 4.8 to 4.9 via the normal iTunes installer from the apple homepage.

That's exactly what I did and iTunes is working better than the previous one, it's more stable and a bit faster. I haven't had any problem so far with it, and I've read similar opinions around here.

That's exactly what I did and iTunes is working better than the previous one, it's more stable and a bit faster. I haven't had any problem so far with it, and I've read similar opinions around here.

Thank you, Proteo. I didn't have the balls to test it for myself, but now I updated and everthing is fine!

Hmmm....maybe you guys just have Mad Skillz ™.

Urig-herb, iTunes goes fast with your Celeron? how % of CPU it uses?

I have a Celeron D, and iTunes goes slow. I have read that Celeron is slow with Rosetta, so PPC apps don´t work good.

Thanks.

It works "o.k.". CPU usage is 15% while playing a song with peaks up to 30% (measured with activity monitor). Other operations like importing take a lot of cpu power.

I'm wondering why iTunes is the only rosetta app of the iLife suite. I hope that there will be a universal binary soon (with version 5.0?).