25 replies to this topic

Philipp30

Philipp30

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Update/Downgrade:

I at least began hating this hacking on such an expensive notebook. Made the money come back and updated to a macbook pro 13". Or downgrade, whatever.

I use it with my jb iphone4. "tetherme", "my3G" and other great stuff running on it. No longer need of internal SIM in the notebook.

I just like it. All you folks, stop trying to get a cube to become a ball.

Just exchange your sony diamond to a mac and relax. Resolution isn't ALL that counts on a machine running SL.

Now just waiting for jb on ios4.1 and ichat-2-facetime upgrades expected in SL 10.6.5 or 10.7.

Greetings

Philipp

obiwarn

obiwarn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Awesome that it works!

Anyone some instructions how to do it? Where to start?

qwertomahawk

qwertomahawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi!

I have got (nearly) good news.

I installed 10.6.2 Hazard SL on a Vaio z21wn/b.

In the setup I did not choose any graphics driver.

After Setup I installed Chameleon RC4 via setup package (pkg). I downloaded and installed the by Deviato modded Chameleon RC4 MR2 to get native resolution via kernel flag (Graphics Mode=1600*900*32). Works perfect (w/o QE/CI) in stamina mode. There is NO WAY to use the Nvidia Chip on the internal screen.

I also managed to get the internal sim/3G reader activated. I downloaded some drivers from option (GT229 or 225(?) drivers for MAC OS-X) and from vodaphone (VodaphoneMCINstaller.2.11.06.00.dmg) to get it done. You need the vodaophone drivers, even without using them, to get the option drivers recognize there is a reader, i think.

Input:

I used the "2-Finger Alps driver" for the touchpad, works great. You'll find it here inside.

WLAN:

I changed the Intel 5100AGN using a Dell 1510 (Broadcom, works oob).

LAN:

Use Intel 1000M drivers.

Motion Eye Cam works oob

PCCardExpress works oob, I inserted a e-sata AHCI adaptor, works.

Sound works oob

Voodoo Battery manager works

Issues:

"About my Mac" does not work.

Sleep does not work.

Hibernate results in KP.

NVIDIA Graphics do not work, Intel GMA x4500 MHD only via hacked VESA mode without QE/CI.

Touchstrip biometrics do not work. (until now)

Sony Vaio Hotkeys (PI) do not work. Especially the dual power management switch (Speed/Stamina)

When I managed to get more things running (SLEEP!), I will tell a little bit more about the kexts I used.

I also own a 2,4 GHz MB. Just beginning to forget it, because 1600*900 on a 13,1" Macbook is even better!

Philipp

Thats so great working (almost)superb in your VAIO Z.

I also have a VAIO Z and trying to have SnowLeopard installed in it, but it causes kernel panic right after booting from Chameleon bootloader (it boots with safe mode but it doesn't read my thumb drives and other external drives, and takes much more time to boot compared to the original Mac hardware as well). I have successfully installed Leopard in another partition by iATKOS v7, but I wanted SnowLeopard to make iOS SDK 4 work...

My model of VAIO Z is VGN-Z71JB, that is the model bought in Japan, but I think those hardwares are almost the same with yours. I'm trying so many ways to install SnowLeopard, but now I will narrow down the install method to Hazard.

Therefore, I wondered which kernel extentions you used in your successfull installation of your SnowLeopard in your VAIO Z.

I hope I can hear from you :(

furlanalby

furlanalby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi, I have a VGN-z31mn.
I try to install Snow Leopard with ##### + SL 10.6 original and with SL by Hazard but in first time after install the screen stay black and with the second way i have a kernel panic but I don't know why.
Someone can help us with a very short guide or tell us which distritution in better?
Thank's

ps
i use an external hdd for the test...
Can it be a problem?

incvn

incvn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
how i can install snow leopard on sony Z i5 core ! pls help thanks so much and happy new year !

Grishka

Grishka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've successfully installed Lion on my VPCZ12S9R. Everything works fine, except
- Intel WiFi card does not get recognized as there are no drivers. I've tried iwidarwin (it's a port from linux), but binary version is only 32-bit and source does not compile because of missing IOPCCard.h
- NVidia GPU works with full hardware acceleration, but only on the internal display. VGA out does not work - if I boot with VGA connected both internal and external displays are black. Did not test HDMI as I don't have any target devices.
- Display brightness is always max and can not be changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy