DFI LP DK P45-T2RS PLUS

8 posts in this topic

Here is the link: DFI LP DK P45-T2RS PLUS Just picked one up on Newegg for CHEAP!! Waiting for it to come in.

I thoroughly searched the forums and the wiki and have found no references to this board. I first saw it on EFI-Xs website as one of their only supported non-Gigabyte boards. It seems like everyone is using Gigabyte boards and nothing else around here but since my last 2 builds with Gigabyte boards crapped out on me within only a few months, I decided to buy a DFI Lanparty (I've been using them in most of my higher end gaming rigs and they have been GREAT to me). It has a nearly identical feature set to most of the popular Gigabyte boards IE: P45 chipset, ICH10R SoBridge, Realtek ALC885 audio. The only real differences are that the DFI uses a Marvell 88E8053 gigabit lan chip, (which I have found on the wiki to be supported out of the box with no patches or kexts!!) plus MUCH better cooling. Curious if anyone has tried it out... or why noone has!! lol. I'll post my results on the wiki in a few days when my parts get here. I am going to try to install 10.5.5 (all vanilla with EFI strings) then use apple updater to 10.5.6. and see if everything still works. If anyone has attempted to use this board OR install an officially-update-able system with a similar board please post your results!

Thanks!

Hi benjio

I have one off these boards , and after a lot of head banging reading etc etc have got it all up and running , dual boot vista osx10.5.2 kalyway .

But the sound is just not happening , have tried pretty much everything , I will keep at it till its working or I loose it !!

I have heard usb speakers will work no probs , but not willing to go there yet ..

Back to the mobo kaly 10.5.2 runs really well , have not had one glitch error or problem as yet . The whole system runs much quicker than vista , and find myself using leo more and more everyday , one eg is I havnt used windows to on the net for a couple weeks now

Anyway hope it all goes well for you and would be interested in any sound fixes for the 885 you may come up with .

Harry

Hi benjio

I have one off these boards , and after a lot of head banging reading etc etc have got it all up and running , dual boot vista osx10.5.2 kalyway .

But the sound is just not happening , have tried pretty much everything , I will keep at it till its working or I loose it !!

I have heard usb speakers will work no probs , but not willing to go there yet ..

Back to the mobo kaly 10.5.2 runs really well , have not had one glitch error or problem as yet . The whole system runs much quicker than vista , and find myself using leo more and more everyday , one eg is I havnt used windows to on the net for a couple weeks now

Anyway hope it all goes well for you and would be interested in any sound fixes for the 885 you may come up with .

Harry

Well hey I know there is an audio codec for it on the iPC 10.5.6 installation disc and I have heard that Taruga's HDApatcher v1.20 supports it well. You might try these. I will be trying tomorrow!

I have this same board, and I think it's great. Only problem so far is that my RAM won't run at 1066 which is a pain, but any suggestions would be welcomed.

Anywho, I have OS X 10.5.6 running in VMware and am keen to transfer the install to my DFI board. So any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck and many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bring tidings of good news!!!!! (whatever the heck they are).

I have leopard running completely natively in VMware. However, to boot,

it needs a bootloader on ISO.

So I thought, hows about I try this on my board without VMware using the leopard install disc. And whadda y'know it worked!!.

I restored the 10.5.6 image to a partition on a usb hard disk, booted from the bootloader

cd and hey presto, it booted into setup.

I haven't tried installing yet, but when I do, I'll yet you all know.