ATI X850XT

Sam253

7 posts in this topic

I've been hunting down the driver for this graphics card for quite some time and I still havn't found anything! Can somebody let me know how to get my computer to recognise my graphics card?

post-330407-1229100448_thumb.png

If its not too much trouble either, an added bonus for me would to be told exactly how to do everything (terminal e.t.c) although you dont have to

I've tried here but i cant seem to get it to work.

I'm not sure if this has anythin 2 do with it, but frontrow doesnt work, dvd discs dont play but are recognised, divx movies have no sound even tho i have the codecs

Thanks to anybody that can shed some light on my ati x850xt, and hopefully i can get it up and running for christmas?

With your video card in Leopard you can't have QE/CI activated. With callisto 0.8 you can have resolution change.

This GPU works fine only in tiger with callisto 0.8 and koverg patch over ATIRadeon9700.kext (this patch don't works in Leopard).

It's better change card, in my opinion (Christmas is the right occasion).

When the effort exceeds the pleasure, it's time to quit.

Giorgio

With your video card in Leopard you can't have QE/CI activated. With callisto 0.8 you can have resolution change.

This GPU works fine only in tiger with callisto 0.8 and koverg patch over ATIRadeon9700.kext (this patch don't works in Leopard).

It's better change card, in my opinion (Christmas is the right occasion).

When the effort exceeds the pleasure, it's time to quit.

Giorgio

I agree, if you don't want to expend in a new card, just go to ebay, a lot of cheap and compatible cards available. There are brand new X1650 or X1900 cards for less than 50 bucks.

I agree, if you don't want to expend in a new card, just go to ebay, a lot of cheap and compatible cards available. There are brand new X1650 or X1900 cards for less than 50 bucks.

i see, well im willing to buy a new graphics card only if im sure theres no way i can get my current one to work.

can you recommend any graphics cards? maybe the best graphics card i could possibly get, then an affordable one so i have 2 options expensive or cheap

i would appreciate it a lot :unsure:

i see, well im willing to buy a new graphics card only if im sure theres no way i can get my current one to work.

can you recommend any graphics cards? maybe the best graphics card i could possibly get, then an affordable one so i have 2 options expensive or cheap

i would appreciate it a lot ;)

ATI X1650 PCI-E 512MB brand new

Ebay Link

ATI Radeon HD 3850 1GB PCI-E Brand new

Ebay Link

ATI X1650 PCI-E 512MB brand new

Ebay Link

ATI Radeon HD 3850 1GB PCI-E Brand new

Ebay Link

hmm the x1650 seems remarkably cheap. are u sure it definately 100% works with a hackintosh? sori 2 be fussy i just need to make sure before i get the old credit card out :P

whats this graphics card capable of aswell? qe/ci? can i go as far 2 say its able to play games? im a bit of a noob when it comes to graphics so id be grateful to be in the know :(

oh and i found 1 on here which i think may be way more reliable :D

thankyou for the quick response by the way

hmm the x1650 seems remarkably cheap. are u sure it definately 100% works with a hackintosh? sori 2 be fussy i just need to make sure before i get the old credit card out :P

whats this graphics card capable of aswell? qe/ci? can i go as far 2 say its able to play games? im a bit of a noob when it comes to graphics so id be grateful to be in the know ;)

oh and i found 1 on here which i think may be way more reliable :D

thankyou for the quick response by the way

Nvidia 8 series is fully supported in Leopard 10.5.5

I.E. Nvidia 8400GS 256MB for 50-60$