Retail Installation Guide via Boot-132 for AMD

hecker

85 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't give up easily, but I've spent the better part of a week on this "simple" setup and I just can't make it work. I've done exactly as outlined several times to create the disk, tried several different OS DVD's and it just doesn't work. I have a working Kalyway 10.5.2 system, but really wanted something that would be more upgradeable. No matter what I try I wind up with a kernel panic. I wish a million times I would have got an Intel processor in this computer, but I had no idea I would wind up running OSX on it when I bought it. Maybe someone will come up with something a little easier for us AMD folks at some point...until then I guess I'm stuck on 10.5.2.

Okay, so I have a few questions regarding your guide.

First off, I have never installed OS X on a PC before (I only installed Panther in PearPC, which is pretty much slow and lacks features). Now, regarding of the compatabillity of my laptop I would like to install Leopard on:

1. My laptop came with an IDE drive, which I heard that this kind of drive has compatabilities with OS X.
  2. My Laptop was not tested yet for any OS X compatability, whether pre-patched (nothing but piracy), self-patched, or with a special EFI bootloader or any kind of method. It is a Toshiba Satellite P305D-S8900 with the following specs:
    • AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-70
    • 4 GB of SDRAM
    • an ALPS touchpad (which does require an additional patch for OS X)
    • Pre-installed Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit

[*]I wouldn't want to try it because of the risk of screwing up my computer.

[*]I was thinking of installing it on VMWare Server, but I don't have any knowledge on emulated hardware, or if everything is virtualized, or whatever is the case (all I know is that the processor is virtualized).

[*]My Questions:

[*]Is it possible to use this proccess in VMWare Server (possibly the 1.x series, I can't seem to get 2.x to work on my machine, all I get is a bunch of virtual machine drivers and that is it)?

[*]Would I still have to add the ALPS patch if I install it in VMWare Server?

[*]Where could I find a working version of VMWare Tools for OS X (if there is any)?

[*]Where can I find a boot loader for VMWare (because you can't install VMWare Tools in Cameleon, but I think we can for OS X, so that would have some weird aspects of the keyboard and mouse grab I think)? It would have to count down and then start OS X automatically. I have definetly seen this in hackintosh/osx86 videos on YouTube.

[*]Is the AMD-patched Boot-132 ISO (NEW.ISO in your guide, I think) mountable in VMWare, or would I have to burn it to CD or DVD? I know that there is definetly no way you can mount an ISO of Leopard Retail Install Disc because it can't mount discs formated in HFS+.

[*]Are there any additional steps for creating the virtual machine for Mac OS X?

Please write back ASAP. Thank you for your time and answers. If I can't install OS X in VMWare via this means, can someone please test it out on another machine of the same model? Thanks again.

Update: 12/30/2009: I tried your method, and booted from the CD I burnt from NEW.iso on my laptop. I pull up the multiboot menu (I am not an expert in handeling things with BIOS), selected the external drive that the CD was in, and it said, "Operating System Not Found". I tried it again, and it did the same thing. Why isn't the disc bootable? It didn't even show the boot information being copied, so it has to be by my motherboard or something not detecting my CD as bootable. The only thing that I could think of is that the things required by the "-eletrito-boot" command (not sure on the spelling in this post) wasn't invoked, but I copied and pasted it into the terminal window. Please help ASAP!

P.S. Someone got Kalyway 10.5.2 working on another laptop with the exact same model as mine.

• 2 months later...

Can I get some help with this please. I followed the instructions and made the Boot-132 disc as stated and added no extra kexts yet.

On booting from the CD I get the lots of ....... and then it goes to a [boot]

I eject the Boot-132 and put in the leopard retail and press Enter.

I then get a page asking for a two digit device so I just press enter

Then I get the F8 option. So I press F8 and type out the r(0,1).... uuid=blah and press enter and then the screen goes to the grey apple and nothing happens.

My hardware is as follows:

AMD Athlon X2 6000+

AsRock ALiveXFire Motherboard (AMD480x/ATI S600 Chipset)

Radeon HD3850 Graphics

I really want to get Leopard working on my PC so any help would be greatly appreciated. This really is doing my head in now!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Please help! My keyboard and trackpad doesn't work in the install dvd, and formatting won't let me install Leopard. Now, the only way I can boot windows is off of the boot 132 disc. I notice that my Windows partition isn't active, which I know is critical for the boot process. But, a warning comes up when I try to make it active. It is not an error, but is something about won't boot without system files. Please help ASAP!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello my name is Keith. I have the retail snow leopard working on my LG R 500 with a Nivida Graphic 8600 GS Intel Centrino Duo processor. It works great but the mic does not work and the hdmi. I installed it with the reatail version of snow but I had the IDeneb Hack for installed and then partioned my hard drive with disk utility and then a bootloader from you tube which I found(just give in how do i install snow leopard pc, and go to the 2 video and it is a young kid a follow the directions and it will work. I am very new at this and have been trying for a month to get everything working and I think I have got it. Maybe someone could give me some pointers on how I get the mic and the hdmi working. I would appreciate this very much.

Thank You All,

Keith

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...