Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128mb 4x AGP Driver for Tiger

keplenk

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128mb 4x AGP video card and I'm trying to install this on my Tiger system. I had to delete NVDA* and Titan Kext to make it to boot with the basic resolution (1024x768) withOUT QI/CE. For what I believe all the NVDA* kext is AGPGart.

*Btw, before I deleted those kext, I backed it up. I just deleted it temporarily to make it boot. I still await for instructions.

I'm trying to revive my old p4 1.7 SSE2 PC. This is technically the first time that I'll be installing Tiger with AGP cards. I'm used to installing Leopard in my newer system that has an PCI-E card.

WHen installing from Tiger releases like Kalyway's/Jas/Uphuck etc .. I noticed that there is an option for AGPGart and Nvidia installers. I just chose the latest AGPGart 2.2 together with NVinject. However, it doesn't boot. I tried other combinations like AGPGart 1.1 1.2 2.1 etc with other Nvidia drivers and still no go.

1) How do I install an AGP Card in Osx86? Should I really check those AGPGart Items TOGETHER with Nvidia Installers?

2) If the answer to number 1 is YES, What drivers should I use for my Geforce 4 TI 4600? It seems that all the drivers doesn't work in the DVD installers. I've tried all combinations already (ofcouse, I had to reformat everytime which is soooo time consuming).

3) Is Geforce 4 Ti 4600 Supported in Tiger?

Currently, I'm using BlackCH's release and I'm still stuck in using the 8.8.1 Kernel by Semthex. Other Kernel panics :D

Thanks for your help.

I see. Thank you very much for you reply. Now I don't have to do research anymore. I just popped in an FX 5600 and replaced the 4600 ti and now it works fine. The only problem that I have is the kernel version. For some reason, I tried every 8.9.1 kernels (4 of them) and it keeps on giving me panics. Mine only works with semthex 8.8.1. I guess I'll do more research on that now.

-_-

Thanks for the info Khan. I guess I'll stick with FX 5600 which is rather slow in Windows (dual boot). I still have to make Tiger as my main OS in this old pc and QI/CE is more imporant compared to slow performance in Windows XP.

I guess I won't wait or look for a working TI 4600 driver with QI/CE. Unless, somebody made a miracle driver.

Thanks again.