• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

AP-PDX

AP-PDX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
My only question is how does one who purchases a brand new model card (either brand) get drivers to work on OSX? As all new cards should work with WinOS out of the box right? I am not a programmer or anything but would love to have a new high speed card to tinker with...

2stroke

2stroke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Guess you cant because the mac platform has always being behind vid wise, like when i had my 4870 it took over a yr for it to come to mac and then for hacks and work arounds to be done to get it working. At one point i was going to get a old 8800gt just to run in my hackintsh. This OS was meant to run on our generic pc and also mac tend to always be behind video card wise is how i would answere your question anyhow. Lol only a noob here myself but have picked this up for my time spent reading way to many post, lol i was using sheepshaver a few yrs back and it blows my mind to see even an ntel build that boots to desktop so no complaints here. Personaly ever new person here should be thanking the guys on here delevoping hacks, making tutorials and helping others out greatfully because without them you would never get to run the os.

My only question is how does one who purchases a brand new model card (either brand) get drivers to work on OSX? As all new cards should work with WinOS out of the box right? I am not a programmer or anything but would love to have a new high speed card to tinker with...

wanna_buy

wanna_buy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Apple is using nVidia products more frequently than ATi chips. So nVidia chips are more supported than ATI cards by Mac OS X.

jfondeur

jfondeur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So... which is the best nvidia pci express that i should get for iatkos v7 10.5.7 snowleopard?

jdleung

jdleung

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I prefer Nv

Areft

Areft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
sorry for general question
I want to find a most compatible nvidia with 10.5.8 (iDeneb)
for running Logic 9 with Dual display
I got a 0 VRAM error with onboard vga, and just one res.
any suggestion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy