Need Help! HP Compaq 6715s

MacOld

18 posts in this topic

Hi all. I need some help with my new notebook. I tried some OSX86 releases (iatkos, Kalyway, Leo4All, iDeneb), read through many many forums and topics in this forum but there's not even a chance to get to the installation of Leopard. The farthest i get is to the message "Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use ony one style"...

HP Compaq 6715s

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 (2x2GHz)

Chipset: AMD M690T

RAM: 2GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon X1250 (128-512MB RAM shared)

HDD: Fujitsu MHZ2250BH G2 250GB SATA

Greetz

MacOld

I found a new release (lawlessppc's Leopard 10.5.4) and I got a bit further. The verbose mode shows this:

npvhash=4095
hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0.....
Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components use only one style.
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy intialized
Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
Copyright.....

MAC Framework successfully intialized
using 9830 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:07
█

This is as far as I get. Then the computer doesn't do anything...

• 8 months later...
I found a new release (lawlessppc's Leopard 10.5.4) and I got a bit further. The verbose mode shows this:

npvhash=4095
hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
Darwin Kernel Version 9.4.0.....
Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components use only one style.
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy intialized
Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
Copyright.....

MAC Framework successfully intialized
using 9830 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:07
█

This is as far as I get. Then the computer doesn't do anything...

you have any solution???? I'm a HP Compaq 6715s.

try entering into your bios setup, my hp is like F1 at boot, it maybe F1, F2 or delete. Scroll over to the advanced tab and set SATA to IDE, try and see if that works, it should be defaulted to like AHCI, etc. change that to IDE.

try entering into your bios setup, my hp is like F1 at boot, it maybe F1, F2 or delete. Scroll over to the advanced tab and set SATA to IDE, try and see if that works, it should be defaulted to like AHCI, etc. change that to IDE.

I'm not tab advanced in Bios system, what you version BIOS???

My hp 6715s boot bios at F10, and F9 for select drive run first.

Thank you for you help.

In my bios not found a option change SATA to IDE.

:):D help my please!!

I'm not tab advanced in Bios system, what you version BIOS???

My hp 6715s boot bios at F10, and F9 for select drive run first.

Thank you for you help.

In my bios not found a option change SATA to IDE.

:):D help my please!!

take a picture of your bios screen , etc. give some insight to the menus, etc. maybe someone will be very famil. with your version and let you in.

also check this post out, and check the link within it to see if your model is in there or what not, cuz you do have the amd turion processor if i remebered correctly which is what theyre talking about here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157597

take a picture of your bios screen , etc. give some insight to the menus, etc. maybe someone will be very famil. with your version and let you in.

also check this post out, and check the link within it to see if your model is in there or what not, cuz you do have the amd turion processor if i remebered correctly which is what theyre talking about here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157597

Thanks for your help!!!

My hp 6715s is a model diferent, and the bios is very limited.

I'm updated for F.07 Bios, this is ultimate bios of website hp.es.

Spec:

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 Ghz

3 GB RAM.

The adapter screen: ATI Radeon X1250.

The problem is at not possible change in bios HD SATA to IDE.

I view same people have the problem... I'm test another version the kalyway.

I'm sorry i'm not cam to photo the bios and send you.

Thank you for you attention!!!

P.D: This HP is very simple hardware... :D

Thanks for your help!!!

My hp 6715s is a model diferent, and the bios is very limited.

I'm updated for F.07 Bios, this is ultimate bios of website hp.es.

Spec:

AMD Turion ™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 Ghz

3 GB RAM.

The adapter screen: ATI Radeon X1250.

The problem is at not possible change in bios HD SATA to IDE.

I view same people have the problem... I'm test another version the kalyway.

I'm sorry i'm not cam to photo the bios and send you.

Thank you for you attention!!!

P.D: This HP is very simple hardware... :)

If I remember correctly, this laptop has a very simple BIOS... Passwords, boot sequence, run HDD diagnostics, and maybe a couple other irrelevant options. So, you probably cannot change the HDD controller mode.

However, maybe you can try using a USB DVDROM drive? If you're not even able to boot from the DVD into the OS X setup, that's probably a good place to start.

Additionally, you can try just leaving it for a while. I have a dv2949se that would appear frozen while booting the OS X disc, but after about 15 minutes, it started reading from the disc again. Not sure why, though... and it's a different chipset than yours (Mine has a GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M).

And if you want more details about your hardware, this is the Service Manual for your series:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/s...6/c01570696.pdf

I may have a computer with a chipset in the same series as yours, so I can check out how well it works with OS X if you continue to have problems..... It's an AMD690G with a Radeon X1250... pretty close.

I don't know if this applies to your hardware or even to your problem but I saw somebody saying to "set a password on the hard drive" in the BIOS. I've never seen a BIOS with this option but I guess it can't hurt.

If you can't get any further from there when booting the install DVD the only options you have are the following:

Change BIOS settings

Update your BIOS

Try different Darwin Boot Flags (look them up)

Try another install DVD

Freezing at the IOAPIC message means there was trouble during initializing your motherboard (next message from there is mbinit:done).

* /EDIT (May 2010) yes, I pulled that right out of my ass didn't I. mbinit refers to memory buffers and has to do with memory allocation. Way to look stupid.

None of those will help since it can't even get past motherboard initialization mbinit:done.

Besides -x and -f should never be necessary when booting from an install DVD, and since he could see the error message, he was already booting with -v, or the DVD boots in verbose mode by default.

I would suggest trying with different ACPI flags (look them up) and cpus=1 if it has a multicore CPU.

None of those will help since it can't even get past motherboard initialization.

Besides -x and -f should never be necessary when booting from an install DVD, and since he could see the error message, he was already booting with -v, or the DVD boots in verbose mode by default.

I would suggest trying with different ACPI flags (look them up) and cpus=1 if it has a multicore CPU.

True, but I had one system that wouldn't boot unless the -x switch was used. I just mentioned -v for those discs that don't boot in verbose mode by default, and, yeah, -f shouldn't actually do anything when booting from DVD....

True, but I had one system that wouldn't boot unless the -x switch was used. I just mentioned -v for those discs that don't boot in verbose mode by default, and, yeah, -f shouldn't actually do anything when booting from DVD....

I'm test to diferents DVD.

cpus=1 -v -f, etc.. etc..

And i find the problem, in my version 6715s is for windows vista, and website hp is note...

I'm confused.

I'm test to diferents DVD.

cpus=1 -v -f, etc.. etc..

And i find the problem, in my version 6715s is for windows vista, and website hp is note...

I'm confused.

This laptop has a faulty BIOS (no matter what version)

It works fine with Windoze, but Mac will probably never work (as HP are not likely to fix it)

Linux, BSD can be made working, as different ACPI extensions were coded by users

HP forums

Google search

sebus

This laptop has a faulty BIOS (no matter what version)

It works fine with Windoze, but Mac will probably never work (as HP are not likely to fix it)

Linux, BSD can be made working, as different ACPI extensions were coded by users

HP forums

Google search

sebus

thank you very much of your aid, I am in favor sad to think the limited thing that he is this portable one, under its tests, that portable to recommend new me for Kalyway? Intel? neetbook? I was also looking for in the Web of HP, although tapeworm some hope. Greetings

LOL

Your translator is b0rken.

Lol!!

Sorry, my English is very bad, my question was about what I recommend for computer Kalyway?

Thank you very much for your help

I also tried linux, and is super slow on this laptop.

Best Intel or AMD?

Every day more hatred HP.

PS: I'm thinking about buying a Mac Mini (the price today is better) to think?

this is so true because one distro wouldnt boot up for me unless I booted with -x.... yes,,,, from the dvd.