New To Apple Programming.

jk21

6 posts in this topic

Hi peeps

I been wanting to make a iphone/ipod touch app for some time now. So i decided take the first steps.

I bought myself the iphone SDK, a apple mac laptop. Updated it installed sdk eveything ready:

But I dont know how to program.

Okay where do I start?

I heard xcode,cocoa, object - c bit confused with it all, what language do I learn, how do I start off.

Please provide me with some advice, any books you might suggest etc, websites etc.

Thanks a lot

Okay where do I start?

I heard xcode,cocoa, object - c bit confused with it all, what language do I learn, how do I start off.

Please provide me with some advice, any books you might suggest etc, websites etc.

Get Aaron Hillegass' book "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X", you want the 3rd Edition which just came out in May 2008: http://www.amazon.com/Cocoa-Programming-Ma...5337&sr=1-1

Aaron's book is definitely what you what to get started with Cocoa and Obj-C (which is of course what you want for OS X and iPhone programmng).

Oh yeah, if you want to, you can develop web apps for the iPhone, but if you want to develop proper programs - you should lear Cocoa + Objective C, just like for the Mac. Then apply the knowledge to the iPhone SDK - Cocoa touch!

The iPhone is like a mini-mac with all the regular mac technologies - like Core animation!

Funny thing - the iPhone SDK is still under a Non-Disclosure Agreement, so there are very few iPhone programming websites, books, or forums