OS x quitting un-expectedly

4 posts in this topic

I have the new Mactel 17in 1 GiG of RAM, I bought this a few weeks ago. It has been working pretty good (except for the keyboard/mouse glitch) Until last night when it went to sleep, this AM when i tried to wake it up, i could not, so i held down the power button and truned it back on, to my dismay, there was an error report upon entering my desktop that said that OS X unexpectedly quit, before i could send it off, the screen went grey and a message told me that i needed to restart the computer, well i did and soon found myself and the computer caught in a "loop" of this, ive tried unhooking my other peripherals such as external HD, iPod and printer to no luck, id really hate to re-format, so i was wondering if anyone else has ran into this or has any insight.

ok, so i figured it out, it was something called a "kernel panic" which is something that i have never seen before, but i guess that it is a common problem with unix based programs. all i had to do was clear the NV RAM> this is done by holding contol, option, p, and r keys together till you hear the startup sound twice, if that does not work boot to safe mode, hold the shift key down from the time you hear the startup sound till you the gear turning, if that does not work run the system diagnostic, this is done by putting your startup disk in the drive and holding the D key on startup. hope this helps others who have had the same issue.

I was unable to determine the cause, all i know is that my system was asleep and i went to wake it up by moving the mouse or keyboard, it did not wake up, which wasnt anything new beacuse of that stupid keyboard bug that seems to be a major issue with the imacs, so i manually restarted the computer, and Boom i was caught in a Kernel panic cycle. after i celared the NV Ram it seemed to help.