Complete Guide for Leopard on Toshiba A100-PSAARA (Australian Model)

Slither2008

34 posts in this topic

Hi Onishi!

Thanks for your great feedback. I appologize I couldn't reply earlier. I ended up replacing my Intel wifi card with a new Atheros that I bought for $18AUD off the internet. It was incredibly hard to open and insert the card into the laptop because of really small ribbon cables in the laptop but after I installed it the card worked straight away with NO kext fiddling required.

Strangely enough after the wifi card was replaced the Bluetooth became recognized and I now have a functioning bluetooth.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Slither2008.

Hi Slither, I'm with you again :rolleyes:

I just wanna know about the model of Wi-Fi ? Wi-Fi is the most important for me.

I've got 3 OS's on my Toshiba:

- Ubuntu 8.04

- Mac OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway

- Win XP SP3

You know triple boot it's really very hard and it was so long ago.

But do you think should upgrade Mac ?

And why did you set iAitcos ? Why it isn't Kaliwa, for example? And How hot your CPU without work ?

Thanks! :(

did u find anyway to make the Mic Work for the alc861 ;)

Search for alc861VD around (maybe just 861VD as a search string did the trick for me), I got the file and the link but not with me, it might make you happy.

It did made me!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanx Slither2008

it's Work :yoji:

it's work but I try something els Finale

did u find anyway to make the Mic Work for the alc861 <_<

and Thanx again man you help me so much .

Hi Murder,

Glad it worked!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier I began an iDeneb 1.3 guide with screenshots and found the correct audio driver. Gondor69 was correct the driver was made by MadTux. The link is here : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=36773

I wonder how you can swap the internal wifi?

On my Toshiba L100, I have tried to swap my Intel945 wifi with dell1390 wifi. It didnot worked. It prevent me from booting.

Seem the BIOS is not recognized the dell card.

Tough the card is working well on eeepc.

Hi Timor2008,

I'm not familiar with the L100 model unfortunately. I've only tested it on my model with an Atheros AR5006EGS wifi mini-pci-express card and had no problems with it being detected. Sorry I can't provide any good answers on that one.

Hi Slither, I'm with you again :P

I just wanna know about the model of Wi-Fi ? Wi-Fi is the most important for me.

I've got 3 OS's on my Toshiba:

- Ubuntu 8.04

- Mac OS X 10.5.2 Kalyway

- Win XP SP3

You know triple boot it's really very hard and it was so long ago.

But do you think should upgrade Mac ?

And why did you set iAitcos ? Why it isn't Kaliwa, for example? And How hot your CPU without work ?

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hi Onishi,

I tried Kalyway a little while ago but had a few issues getting it going with vanilla kernel so I opted for 10.5.4 iatkos....since then I've put 10.5.5 with iDeneb v1.3 on there at the moment using the 9.2.0 Sleep kernel. I made a guide with pics if you're interested : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry964177

I've been busy putting retail 10.5.6 osx on my GA-965P-S3 Desktop and on my EeePC 1000H. Since I put mac on my EeePC I've been using my Toshiba less and less although it still craps all over my EeePC in terms of screensize and speed.

• 1 month later...
It is possible to replace the intel 3945agb wifi mini-pci-express card in the laptop with an Atheros AR5006EGS wifi mini-pci-express card. It is detected without any drivers required in both iATKOS v2.0i and iATKOS v4i. It is an absolute nightmare to install due to short ribbons data cables but I've done it and it is possible.

Hi Slither2008 great thread, its been alot of help, Not sure how you replaced your wireless card but i didn't have to unplug any ribbon cables. Did u install by removing the keyboard?

• 5 months later...
Hi Slither2008 great thread, its been alot of help, Not sure how you replaced your wireless card but i didn't have to unplug any ribbon cables. Did u install by removing the keyboard?

I disassembled it....lolol...oh man I wish I'd though of removing the keyboard!!!! Nice find! :)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Fix the Colour Depth to 32-bit

Step 1.Download this kext which connects a fake VGA device to the laptop. This then enables your laptops LCD display to use 32-bit color instead of the 16-bit. Here is the kext : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7630&st=131

Step 2.restart.

I wanna fix my color depth but i couldnt find the LAptopDisplay.kext.These links are dead ;)