ATI FireGL Mobility V3200 WORKING! w/ Instructions

VoRTeX15O

62 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm a osx newbee and i've tryed everything i found on this forums but QE and CI still not working. :dance_24:

IBM thinkpad T43p 2669

ATI Mobility FireGL V3200 (dev: 3154)

OSX 1.4.8

Help !

Thanks

I had same questions with ati v3200(device id:3154), and I use the 10.4.8 jas for my thinkpad T43p q2u, and only I can get the 1600x1200resolution but I cannot run the quartz extreme work ,and cannot use the dvd player.

Who can help me about that?

Thanks in advance! :P

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Applied this to IBM Thinkpad T43p(M/T 2668-A57) with Leopard(iATKOS v1.0r2)+EFI and I have 1600x1200x32 working!!!!

However, System Profiler shows that CI is "Software" and Quartz Extreme is "Not Supported".

For the time being, I am fine that the video is working much better than 1024x768...

Does anyone have any idea how to get CI and QE working on Leopard?

Thank you.

Xthunder, can you please tell me how you manage to get the 1600 x 1200 full resolution on your T43p?

I've tried configure the boot.plist but I'm still stuck at 124 x 768, and modifying ATIRadeon9700.kext only result in mouse tearing.

Were you using ATIRadeon9700.kext from Leopard or Tiger?

Thanks

Edit:

ah okay, i got the full resolution. Seems that I had a typo in boot.plist file.

still the QE and CI only result in mouse tearing but no native support. I've tried kexts from Tiger 10.4.8 but also to no avail.

another thing, and this maybe out of topic, for Thinkpad T43p users what do you guys do about the 'option' key? We have only Alt and Ctrl keys.Thanks.

another thing, and this maybe out of topic, for Thinkpad T43p users what do you guys do about the 'option' key? We have only Alt and Ctrl keys.Thanks.

If you can remap it, I'd change the right ctrl-key to the option key as I do in windows for the win-key (also the right ctrl key).

• 1 month later...
Xthunder, can you please tell me how you manage to get the 1600 x 1200 full resolution on your T43p?

I've tried configure the boot.plist but I'm still stuck at 124 x 768, and modifying ATIRadeon9700.kext only result in mouse tearing.

Were you using ATIRadeon9700.kext from Leopard or Tiger?

Thanks

Edit:

ah okay, i got the full resolution. Seems that I had a typo in boot.plist file.

still the QE and CI only result in mouse tearing but no native support. I've tried kexts from Tiger 10.4.8 but also to no avail.

Hi xavier2 and all,

the resolution changing on my side(Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1) is working in two ways:

1. via using the http://z0rz.com/files/ATIScript.z0rz.v0.1.zip . I've used "./doe.sh cal6 0x0x0 1 0" and got all the resolution options.

1. if you're happy with 1400x1050 just add :

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1400x1050x32"</string>

in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

The problem: I look for QE to be supported(on Leopard) for a while and no result yet. If anybody did it that would be a good hope for me as it's the last think to fix.

many thanks in advance

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I try to make my video card (ATI FireGL V3200 on a IBM T43P) working, but no success. I modified the ATIRadeon9700.kext as mentioned in this post but when I launch the command kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext it tells me that ATIRadeon9700 seems not to be installed. I try to do it with Kext Helper and when I reboot, no changes...

What do I do to make it works ? :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...