Quadro FX 4500 512mb

kyzerblayd

58 posts in this topic

Bump again . . .

I need some help. I am a long time Mac user, and have built a couple of low end Hacks, but am now thinking about building a i7 860 based hack for running CAD. Most CAD programs are Windows and many require a Quadro card so I was thinking about the Quadro FX 580 512MB which is around $200. As far as I know the only Quadro card that Apple ever supported was the FX 4500 so I am wondering if I use this card will I lose all its 'quadro-ness' when I boot into OS-X and want to run my Mac CAD programs ?

Would I be better off spending the money on a GTX 260 which is guaranteed to work in OS-X, and sacrifice (possibly) some graphics performance when I run windows CAD software such as SolidWorks ?

• 1 month later...

hello.

would you be willed to fix this rom, too?

unfortunately, the other roms pasted here are different in regards to the pciid and version although the model seems the same. i don't think that i can just flash one of the others if the model is the same, can I?

here you go.

and thanks a lot in advance

backup_fx4500.zip

Any help would be appreciated

Yes that should work OK. If you are unsure of how to mod your rom, then email it to me and I will fix it for you. Instructions on saving and re-flashing are at my website here

I have flashed my BFG 7950 GT (factory overclocked) with the quadro fx 5500 rom from yer web site

at boot time I can see vesa 512MB Nvidia.

using nvinject , titan, natit and what not else I have tried won't make QE/CI work

I also have edited kext inputing the card hex id and nothing

everything esle works.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've attached my Quadro FX4500 Default ROM.

Can you Modify it for me?

I used one of the ROM's in this thread, and Mac OSX started showing me 512mb of vRAM instead of 256mb.

But I cant managed to enable QE or CI.

Neither NVInject not NVKush are enabling QE/CI for me.

I can't use EFI Strings edit on your forums, aquamac, because I dont have a Leopard Install to great the hex correctly. Im on Snow Leopard 10.6.2..

Please help me out.

fx4500_default_rom.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Aqua Mac,

I have a FX4800, 1.5GB, original ROM attached, what do I need to do to the ROM file to make

the Mac Pro recognise it?. I have a hex editor, but even comparing differences between other

ROM's posted I can't work out what to add.

The card works great in my lads PC & have run NVFlash to extract the file. I have posted

about and searched for a Mac version of this ROM to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

FX4800_BACKUP.ROM.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Aqua Mac,

I have a FX4800, 1.5GB, original ROM attached, what do I need to do to the ROM file to make

the Mac Pro recognise it?. I have a hex editor, but even comparing differences between other

ROM's posted I can't work out what to add.

The card works great in my lads PC & have run NVFlash to extract the file. I have posted

about and searched for a Mac version of this ROM to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

If you're putting the card inside mac hardware you're SOL unless you have a larger than 128k ROM. The mac specific video cards have EFI boot programs built into the ROM which increases the space needed on the ROM chip.

Most PC cards are no bigger than 128k however people do replace the ROM chip and flash it to get it working on a MacPro.

I have a FX3400 I want to get QE/CI working on SL 10.6.3

http://roast.zm-eng.com/file%20transfer/DELLQUADROFX3400.ROM

If Acqua-mac is still active, a quick look would be much appreciated!!!

Roast