Dell Wireless 1395

larrybird

13 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Just curious if anyone's been able to achieve any measurable degree of success with this card?

Yes i did, just add the device id to AppleAirPortBrcm4311.text (it's inside IO80211Family.kext), hope these solves your issue.

• 2 months later...

hi,

Loads of people are asking questions about the Dell 1395 wireless (4311) aka Broadcom 4315, there is absolutly no problem with this card in leopard! i'm working on a Dell XPS M1530 and is working great, but yes it takes a challenge to compleet the instalation of this card. First as described above, modify the

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Add:

<string>pci14e4,4315</string>

and then reboot, but finalize the important step:

sudo -s

Kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

Now the airpor will appear!

for questions, your welcom!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please forgive me, Im a complete Hackintosh n00b. I have an m1530 with the dell 1395 wifi. I've figured out how to edit /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist , but I cannot save any changes. I've edited the permissions of IO80211Family.kext to Read/Write for my account, but thats as far as I can go in Finder. How can I enable Write access to the info.plist file itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again, forgive my ignorance. I've installed OSX for the first time and have been stuck on this for the last 2 hours. :D

Ok, giving up for the night. I was able to edit all the permissions to get the edited file saved, but now when I Kextload (BTW Do i do this from within osx, or do i boot with a -s and do it from the cli?) it says IO80211Family.kext is not authentic, check ownership and permissions; run with -t for details. running with -t gives the same results.

Thanks sacaman, worked like a dream. I know it should be obvious, but I still struggle with tasks like "copy to desktop", and "use kext helper b7". I really had no idea what b7 was, much less how to actually use it. But suprise suprise, the n00b got it on the first try! Now my only issue is that I am unable to join networks. Airport is present and working, nearby networks are detected and listed, but whenever I enter a WPA key, it immediatly says connection failed in the lower left corner of the pword dialog box. I've spent some time on google, but no luck. Any ideas?

Ugh, I couldnt figure out how to edit my post. Basically disregard everything other than the part about "Thanks, it works like a dream!" A little more digging around insanelymac got me working. I had to delete the network for AirPort, recreate it and reboot. Good to go now. Now on to getting the sound and battery meter running. :)