Support for C-Media 8768+ Sound Chipset?

FragTek

5 posts in this topic

I have just recently tri-booted Win2K3, Ubuntu, and OSX86. Just this morning before I took off for work I got OS X installed and up, unfortunately I only had about 3 mins to play with it before I had to get on the road.

One thing I noticed while I was snooping was that it only picked up my AC97 onboard audio controller. I have an Auzentech X-Mystique that uses the C-Media 8768+ chipset, are there any drivers for it that anyone knows of? Or would possibly the posted drivers on the Wiki for 8738 chipsets possibly give me a means of getting it to work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

One other unrelated thing if someone knows... On my tri-boot I installed OS X last, anyone know of the easiest way to get the MBR to go back and load GRUB rather than auto loading OS X?

Thx in advance!

well, I think you@ve cobvered the options on the soound card driver, pci soundcards dont have much joy on osx86.

To get grub loading again should be simply a matter of setting the corect partition active , if that@s no good, reinstall grub.

P.S. is that your DPMS? in .308 with a lightweight barrel that thing must be a beast. I´ve shot the .223 version with heavy barrel & muzzle brake , and essentially it didn´t move when fired from the bench, and i just put 9 roounds thorugh the same hole.. very fine.

not at all keen on the propaganda attached though :pirate2:

Thanks for the response Hagar! I'll give the 8738 drivers a shot when I get home and pray that they might work. I'd love to get my digital coax output working.

I'll give the first option a shot as soon as I get home for getting GRUB to load first, if I have no luck then I'll just reinstall her as advised. Thx again mate.

Edit: Didn't see the last part, thought it was your sig until I actually read it :P Yeah that's what I shoot 1000y/m competitions with. Camp Perry National Matches are coming up next month, I'll be there! :) There's really nothing "extra" attached to it besides the bipod which I use frequently. I've got the adjustable pistol grip so that I can keep a firm hold on her. She doesn't really bite as bad as you might expect, but it's a considerable difference between the .223 variant obviously.

• 1 year later...