[Help needed]Acer Revo 3610 & Update SL 10.6.8 = Desaster

Elfenwald

1 post in this topic

Guys, I really could use a hand here and that there are still some folks around who use the Revo R3610, which is a really great little "MacMini" IF he decides to work...

I got my Revo R3610 working with the help of the posts from here and plexapp forums on Snow Leopard 10.6.2, have updated up to 10.6.6 without major issues and have been using it for several months.

Stable, and everything worked (I do not use sound over HDMI...).

Now some software ( I guess it was Final Cut Pro X) bugged me that I should update my precious handcrafted 10.6.6 to 10.6.8

And I did. Fail decision.

I followed the usual procedures, but even the first reboot went wrong and I have not been able to get the thing running again ever since. A nice serving of kernel panics, hanging boot, latest chameleon ignoring the -v param, and right now I have the funny "no driver for this platform" error... I have read & tried a lot, but I am stuck.

And I guess the problem is something in my current mix being not compatible with something else. "something" being bootloader, kernel, dsdt, some kext, or the phase of the moon. There are a lot of different solutions out there, some for other, similar Ion based nettops, and so far none of them and all of the mixed combinations I tried, did NOT work.

Is/was anyone here successfully running SL 10.6.8 on a Revo 3610?

If yes, could you do me a HUGE favor and post (if you can remember)

- the bootloader you are using & exact version

- the exact kernel you are using

- the dsdt that works or which hacks/fixes you applied after extracting it

- which kexts you replaced/deleted after the update

- which parameters you are using in your boot.plist

Of course it would be appreciated if you remembered where you got the stuff from or could post a working dsdt (no luck with the one posted here earlier and latest teateam atom kernel).

Hope someone is out there and can help me to get my beloved Fake-MacMini back to work... ;-)