Artifacts under Lion... What's wrong?

Thireus

11 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if some of you are facing this issue under Lion.

Here are some screenshots:

Lion_HD6870_issue_10.7.2_Thireus_01.png

Lion_HD6870_issue_10.7.2_Thireus_02.png

Lion_HD6870_issue_10.7.2_Thireus_03.png

About my new config:

CPU

Core™ i7-2600K Processor (8M Cache, 3.40 GHz)

Motherboard

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 REV 3.0

Memory

G.SKill Sniper 8Go=2x4Go PC15000 Sniper CAS 9

Graphics Card

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 TOXIC 1 GB

Power Supply

OCZ Z-Series GOLD OCZ-Z1000M 1000W

Issue happens under Lion 10.7 & 10.7.2.

• 2 weeks later...
No one?

try changing your enabler method. Graphicsenabler via chameleon OR a ATY_init. I find Aty_init method more reliable, personally. If you have none just pick one of the latest : Netkas' stuff and replace in the info.plist all instances of "Motmot"/"shrike" whatever default FB is there with your needed framebuffer. And change the Device ID to yours. Then you don't need GraphicsEnabler and can use all builds of chameleon or other booters.

try changing your enabler method. Graphicsenabler via chameleon OR a ATY_init. I find Aty_init method more reliable, personally. If you have none just pick one of the latest : Netkas' stuff and replace in the info.plist all instances of "Motmot"/"shrike" whatever default FB is there with your needed framebuffer. And change the Device ID to yours. Then you don't need GraphicsEnabler and can use all builds of chameleon or other booters.

yap.i can confirme that ATY_Init work much better than GE ,GE is bugy solution. i have problem with Scrambled screen after wake up but ATY_init fix my problem

yap.i can confirme that ATY_Init work much better than GE ,GE is bugy solution. i have problem with Scrambled screen after wake up but ATY_init fix my problem

Cyrus, ATY_Init never worked for me. The Kext you posted for 9553 didn't enable the QE/CI. ANy ideas?

Thank you guys ;)

I'll try that in a minute.

Edit: Ho great! Now I've got much more information about my graphic card in system profiler (now it displays slot!!) :)

netkas_ATY_Init_Lion_10.7.2_HD_6870_Thireus_Fix_1.png

netkas_ATY_Init_Lion_10.7.2_HD_6870_Thireus_Fix_2.png

I love you netkas!

Let's see if that fixes my issue :)

Cyrus, ATY_Init never worked for me. The Kext you posted for 9553 didn't enable the QE/CI. ANy ideas?

the ATY_init that i am posted is for Gliff .what is your framebuffer?

ok.download the attachement and in ati4600 section change all motmot value with your desire framuffer.

no need to add device id .

ATY_Init.kext.zip

the ATY_init that i am posted is for Gliff .what is your framebuffer?

ok.download the attachement and in ati4600 section change all motmot value with your desire framuffer.

no need to add device id .

well i use the same shrike buffer. No go. I tried Gliff, uakari still no go. Maybe I need to patch the binary in ATY_Init? I have full qe/ci with GE but why can't this ATY kext inject the id's? This scrambled thing after sleep is ruining my sleep ;) I would gladly settle for this ATY_Init kext to work.

well i use the same shrike buffer. No go. I tried Gliff, uakari still no go. Maybe I need to patch the binary in ATY_Init? I have full qe/ci with GE but why can't this ATY kext inject the id's? This scrambled thing after sleep is ruining my sleep :P I would gladly settle for this ATY_Init kext to work.

Have you checked the logs? What do you see about ATY_Init?

Edit: No more issues since à switched to netkas kext :) \o/

From: https://discussions.apple.com/message/11258142#11258142

"Delete the com.apple.finder.plist file in your /Library/Preferences/ (folder), OPTION-click & hold on the Finder's Dock icon, select Relaunch, and see if that fixes things."

Let's see if that works forever.

EDIT: Doesn't work. Artifacts seem to appear when watching some 720p or 1080p youtube videos.