[GUIDE] How to install OSX LION on ZOTAC IONITX P-E

iba21

14 posts in this topic

Hi guyz, i'm creating this guide to help users witch has my HTCP system

What you need?

- Apple OSX Lion App (or dmg, is the same, difference position but the same files)

- A MAC with Snow Leopard (or hakkintosh)

- This files

- OS mbr install (if you want to install Lion on MBR partition you have to change this files, you find those in

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/

/System/Installation/Packages

How to prepare files intallation?

1) Put your Lion App in desktop

2) Open disk utility and format the partition (journaled) you want to use to upload Lion installation files (you can use an usb key or create a new partition in the hard disk)

3) Open terminal and type

open Desktop/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

4) Now type

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

5) Now, in disk utility go to restore, put Mac OS X Base System in source and step 2 partition in destination - press restore

6) After restoring partition go into it, /System/Installation and delete Packages link

7) In terminal type

open  /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages

8) Copy folder /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages into STEP2 PARTITION /System/Installation

9) Now open ZIP folder in this thread and install chameleon ON STEP2 PARTITION, than copy EXTRA folder IN STEP2 PARTITION ROOT FOLDER

10) Congratulation, you have a chameleon bootable Lion installation

How to install it?

1) Reboot in chameleon, go to STEP2 PARTITION and write -v -f than press enter

2) Wait the loading, than install Lion on prefere partition, NOT in Snow Leopard (you already need it)

3) Boot into Snow Leopard, install chameleon from zip files on Lion installed partition

4) Replace EXTRA files in Lion installed partition

5) Reboot in Lion partition and cofigure it

6) Congratulation :blink:

DISLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSABLE OF ANY HARDWARE DAMAGE, IT WORKS FOR ME, IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, OR IF YOU AREN'T A GEEK USER, I'M NOT RESPONSABLE

for me, all works EXCEPT sleep function, it freezes system

2) Wait the loading, than install Lion on prefere partition, NOT in Snow Leopard (you already need it)

3) Boot into Snow Leopard, install chameleon from zip files on Lion installed partition

I don't understand as my setup is dualboot SL 10.6.8 and Win7 so in step 2 shouldn't I install LION on the SL Partition if I want to upgrade SL?

the answer is simply, if you have a real mac you can connect hakkintosh's hard disk to that and change files by mac osx

if you have an hakkintosh you HAVE to create a backup partition in the disk, you can create that in a second hard disk, but, you always need a bootable osx, or, you can't install chameleon and extra folder, so, no chameleon, no efi bios, no boot

if you have 1 hard disk with 2 partition (and no other hard disks) you should have to create a partition witch side lion installation files, so you should have 3 partition

but if you want to patch chameleon and extra folder, you need a bootable osx, so, if you "replace" Snow Leopard with Lion, you'll have a first unbotable partition (Lion), a second win7, and a third witch has lion installation files, now, how to install chameleon? you couldn't do it by lion installation files, so, you need a backup partition

i have 2 hard disk, in the first i have 1 partition with lion, and second with win7

in the second hard disk i have a partition for lion backup, a partition for data, and last partition with lion installating files, so, i have 2 chameleon, so, if 1 crashes, i have the other witch i can boot in avaible partition and correct the issue

i hope you'll understand, you need a backup partition only for install chameleon in Lion partition, and replace extra files

• 2 months later...
you updated from 10.7 and it's working fine?

I updated from 10.7.1 (Server) to 10.7.2 (Server) and it's working fine when the system is up.

Only while booting, my 2nd harddrive spins one time down and up.

But it works fine when the system is up!

Today I'll check boot messages in verbose mode.

I updated from 10.7.1 (Server) to 10.7.2 (Server) and it's working fine when the system is up.

Only while booting, my 2nd harddrive spins one time down and up.

But it works fine when the system is up!

Today I'll check boot messages in verbose mode.

thanks for info, was also updating Server 10.7.1, wanted to know should I.

seems like everything's fine now :(

• 2 months later...

i installed a sapphire hd6450 in pci-e slot.. to do this you have to delete dst.. use last 2.1 buld of chameleon.. after that, use last build of multibeats and install evoreboot fakesmc.. boot will work..

little issue for now.. the card is recognize by 6xxxx with 512mb and pci-e 4x (it's the same in windows, i think the pci-e 16x slot is a false 16x, it doesen't have all the ways)

qe/ci works.. hardware acceleration works.. probabily mac dvd player doesen't work, the same for games, it's because i'm in RadeonFramework, it's the stock framework.. the powerfully is the burshless, but it doesen't work for me, for now, i have to try to find the solution..

even we can use this incredible card in windows (i boot in windows 2-3 times x week)

10.7.2 final works. Of course you must reinstall the AppleHDA.kexts.

But when booting, my 2nd harddrive spins down and up... ??? If the system is up, everything works.

you need a fixed dsdt.. i'll send you one

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for this guide!

I also have a Zotac IONITX-P-E motherboard at home, which is running xbmc on linux at the moment.

I was planning on reïnstalling it with mac os x, to use it for 3 things:

- Itunes home sharing

- Plex Media Server

- Plex Media Center

Before I started with this update, I was wondering if you were running plex media center (and maybe plex media server) and how well it was running.

The rest of my specs:

SSD

4GB RAM

Also one final question (might be a noob-question, but I can't really find an answer on the internet): Before I buy a Mac OS X install, would it be possible to experiment with a version that I already have lying around (from my macbook pro)? That way if things don't work out, I haven't bought a copy which I won't use.

Tnx.

• 1 month later...

Hi guyz, i'm creating this guide to help users witch has my HTCP system

What you need?

- Apple OSX Lion App (or dmg, is the same, difference position but the same files)

- A MAC with Snow Leopard (or hakkintosh)

- This files

- OS mbr install (if you want to install Lion on MBR partition you have to change this files, you find those in

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/

/System/Installation/Packages

How to prepare files intallation?

1) Put your Lion App in desktop

2) Open disk utility and format the partition (journaled) you want to use to upload Lion installation files (you can use an usb key or create a new partition in the hard disk)

3) Open terminal and type

open Desktop/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

4) Now type

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

5) Now, in disk utility go to restore, put Mac OS X Base System in source and step 2 partition in destination - press restore

6) After restoring partition go into it, /System/Installation and delete Packages link

7) In terminal type

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages

8) Copy folder /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages into STEP2 PARTITION /System/Installation

9) Now open ZIP folder in this thread and install chameleon ON STEP2 PARTITION, than copy EXTRA folder IN STEP2 PARTITION ROOT FOLDER

10) Congratulation, you have a chameleon bootable Lion installation

How to install it?

1) Reboot in chameleon, go to STEP2 PARTITION and write -v -f than press enter

4) Replace EXTRA files in Lion installed partition

5) Reboot in Lion partition and cofigure it

6) Congratulation :D

DISLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSABLE OF ANY HARDWARE DAMAGE, IT WORKS FOR ME, IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS, OR IF YOU AREN'T A GEEK USER, I'M NOT RESPONSABLE

for me, all works EXCEPT sleep function, it freezes system

Hi, thanks for your information. And I'd like to know can you use Lion with 64 bit kernel in this configuration?