BIOS Help Needed to OC Intel i7 970 @ 4.3 GHz or Higher on GA-X58A-UD7 MOBO

1 post in this topic

Hello to all:

About a year ago I decided to build my own Mac Hak Pro and started jumping on the forums to figure out how to get this done. I received quite a bit of help and along the way was able to help others. I've been very satisfied with my system, but lately I wanted to make some improvements with my current setup. Here is what I had installed on my system:

- i7 930 Intel processor

- GA-X58A-UD7 Gigabyte Motherboard

- 12GB Corsair Dominator RAM

- Nvidia 280 GTX Graphic Card

Like I said before, I did whatever I could to get my i7 930 (OC'd) and running stable (24/7) to 4.2 GHz. Well, I stumbled across this website:

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,1707.0.html

and decided to try out this persons BIOS. As you probably can read in my reply to this person (with the link provided above), his BIOS worked perfectly for my set up; as we basically shared the same hardware set up. Everything is been working fine, but now I decided to upgrade my equipment. I just recently purchased a new i7 970 Intel Processor as well as the new Koolance CPU-370 water block to replace the CPU-360 water block. From what I've read in one of the reviews, the water block is less restrictive and is able to drop the temperature about 3 to 4°C lower. We'll see if that is attainable when I install it.

The main thing that I would like to see in this particular forum is for someone to kindly provide their BIOS set up (as complete as you can like in the web link above) so I can install my new i7 970 Intel processor and OC it to 4.3 GHz. From the few forums and YouTube videos, it seems like 4.3 GHz seems to be the sweet spot that you can run stably 24/7 (like with the i7 930 @ 4.2 GHz). I'm sure there are people out there that can run their i7 970 (similar to the i7 980x processor) at 4.4 or 4.5+ GHz (and I would be open to that too), but whoever can provide their personal BIOS I would be very grateful to see what you have so I can try it on my setup.

By the way, here is my UPDATED system set up:

- i7 970 Intel processor (NEW)

- GA-X58A-UD7 Gigabyte Motherboard

- 24GB Kit - G. Skill Ripjaws (NEW)

- Nvidia 280 GTX Graphic Card

I hope I've provided enough information for my request and look forward to anybody's feedback here soon. Thanks in advance for your help… PNugg… :-)

P.S. I've included some pics and hope you like the unit (since it was my first build).

Mac_Hak_Pro_1.jpg

Mac_Hak_Pro_1__1_.jpg

Mac_Hak_Pro_2.jpg

Mac_Hak_Pro_9.jpg

Mac_Hak_Pro_8.jpg