Please Please dsdt help over here!

ribben89

13 posts in this topic

hello guys i have a compal ifl90. I would like somenone who knows to take a look at my dsdt and give me his opinion. I have applied hpet, cmos reset, usb/ehci sleep, native ahci fix. I am at 10.6.6 with my ethernet card running (BCM5787, i have prevented from wake sleep) and everything else running ok and my bluetooth (Broadcom, also prevented from wake sleep). So here is the deal i am able to get it to sleep with dsdt tweaking and sleepenabler.kext (latest version for 10.6.6) but no wake up!!! Please help me take just a look.

My regards ribben

DSDT.zip

Hello :(

I have a similar issue with similar hardware (Compal FL92). If anyone more experienced has hints and/or clues on what to investigate and how to debug this issue, I'd really appreciate it.

I've played around with the DSDT a lot, still no cookie.

Help please! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have the same problem with Compal FL90. It will go to sleep (with DSDT fix from here and EHC1 & EHC2 fix on page 19), but it will not wake up. In fact it wakes up to black screen, the CD-ROM turns on but there is no fan (CPU). I have to turn it down and then start it up again.

But when starting it try to Wake up and it even shows the screenshot of the screen as it was before sleep with a progress bar, but when it comes to 100% computer reboots. So I have to start it with Wake=No to boot.

So on this Polish site as much I can tell they managed to fix wake up issue with DSDT (i used Google translate so I'm not 100% sure). I applied that DSDT but still no wake up. But without that DSDT (especially the fix for EHC1 & EHC2 on page 19) PC don't even go to sleep.

I attached DSDT from that site, so you don't have to register there to check it out.

I see some reference to VoodooHDA, is it possible that this is causing problems?

Regards,

Miha

FL90_mod_314TeR_v2.0___MBP_look__1_.zip

Hi,

I also have the same problem with Compal FL90. It will go to sleep (with DSDT fix from here and EHC1 & EHC2 fix on page 19), but it will not wake up. In fact it wakes up to black screen, the CD-ROM turns on but there is no fan (CPU). I have to turn it down and then start it up again.

But when starting it try to Wake up and it even shows the screenshot of the screen as it was before sleep with a progress bar, but when it comes to 100% computer reboots. So I have to start it with Wake=No to boot.

So on this Polish site as much I can tell they managed to fix wake up issue with DSDT (i used Google translate so I'm not 100% sure). I applied that DSDT but still no wake up. But without that DSDT (especially the fix for EHC1 & EHC2 on page 19) PC don't even go to sleep.

I attached DSDT from that site, so you don't have to register there to check it out.

I see some reference to VoodooHDA, is it possible that this is causing problems?

Regards,

Miha

Use NativePM

try it

dsdt.m_i_k_e_e.zip

Use NativePM

try it

dsdt.m_i_k_e_e.zip

Hi MaLd0n,

thanks for the DSDT. I've tried it, but is doesn't work. It's all the same. So system goes to sleep, on wake the system power led turns on, the CD/DVD drive turns on, hard drive turns on and that's all. No fans, monitor is also blank. I can't ping the machine. I suspect that some "part" of PC doesn't turn on.

What exactly do you mean by "Use NativePM"? Should I enable/disable something?

I have set hibernatemode=3 and also tried with hibernatemode=0, doesn't help.

I installed the latest Chameleon 2.0-RC5 build r650. I enabled Generate P-states and C-states (I don't know if it has something to do with Wake).

So how can I troubleshoot wake problem? In the logs (system.log, kernel.log) there is nothing interesting, all info I can find regarding sleep is:

loginwindow[29]: loginwindow SleepWakeCallback WILL sleep

In the /E/E i have only those:

FakeSMC.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, VoodooBattery.kext

I wonder why system don't start correctly from wake image (I get progress bar and then reboot), maybe the sleep process don't complete correctly so wake image is not created correctly?

Thank you very much,

Miha

Hi MaLd0n,

thanks for the DSDT. I've tried it, but is doesn't work. It's all the same. So system goes to sleep, on wake the system power led turns on, the CD/DVD drive turns on, hard drive turns on and that's all. No fans, monitor is also blank. I can't ping the machine. I suspect that some "part" of PC doesn't turn on.

What exactly do you mean by "Use NativePM"? Should I enable/disable something?

I have set hibernatemode=3 and also tried with hibernatemode=0, doesn't help.

I installed the latest Chameleon 2.0-RC5 build r650. I enabled Generate P-states and C-states (I don't know if it has something to do with Wake).

So how can I troubleshoot wake problem? In the logs (system.log, kernel.log) there is nothing interesting, all info I can find regarding sleep is:

loginwindow[29]: loginwindow SleepWakeCallback WILL sleep

In the /E/E i have only those:

FakeSMC.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, VoodooBattery.kext

I wonder why system don't start correctly from wake image (I get progress bar and then reboot), maybe the sleep process don't complete correctly so wake image is not created correctly?

Thank you very much,

Miha

try it

dsdt.m_i_k_e_e.zip

send me a kextstat

kextstat

and

ioreg -lw0 | grep CSTInfo

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't have an option in the BIOS to enable S3. It's a Compal FL90 laptop, with "limited options" BIOS :)

But as I can see in the kernel logs S3 is already enabled (I believe).

I'm getting a new laptop (Dell E5510N) which has only a Intel HD Graphics (GMA 5700) which is unsupported by Apple, so I guess I will experiment some more with FL90.

Thanks for your help.

• 11 months later...

Hey, i think my question belongs here. I have a compal jfl92 which is almost identical to the infamous fl90. The dsdt tables are identical modulo some memory offsets.

My goal has been to enable sleep (and wake). I followed the convoluted (man, even to a Pole) discussion here:

http://forum.osx86.o...dsdt-vt1083.htm

i was able to get SL 1.6.8 to enter sleep properly and to not spontaneously wake up immediately afterwards. people on the polish forum managed to put to sleep / wake their FL90 successfully, but mine JFL92 wakes up to a black screen. i think the system hangs (as opposed to just the screen being black), cos i don't hear the volume up/down sounds.

The dsdt tweaks applied were, if i remember correctly, the standard dsdt autopatcher thingies, screwing around with the VGA / GFX0 devices (which were ultimately renamed to GFX0 and GFX1, respectively, to facilitate comparing the code with the original MBP3.1), adding _PWR methods all over the place, and finally adding _DSM methods to EHC1 and EHC2, which finally did the trick for them.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
					 {
						Store (Package (0x04)
							{
							  "AAPL,clock-id",
							  Buffer (0x01)
							  {
								  0x01
							  },
							  "device_type",
							  Buffer (0x05)
							  {
								 "EHCI"
							  }
							 }, Local0)
						 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
						 Return (Local0)
					 }

I've tried a different more elaborate version of the _DSM method, also found on a polish forum, but also to no avail.

I'm running out of ideas, but i feel the end is SO CLOSE. Please help! I'm attaching the original dsdt dump, the modified version with the former EHC fix, and original MBP3.1 dsdt files. And outputs of kextstat and ioreg -lw0.

---

the uploader doesn't let me upload any files? says Error 500. i guess i'll try later.

---

edit Sun 31/03/12 -- i had to drop the topic because of limited time but here i am again. I'm attaching the files.

I started using macos for everyday use, and although the lack of functional sleep hasn't put my mac enthusiasm off yet, it came reaaally close. Any help would be appreciated!

kextstat.txt

ioreg.tar.gz

dsdt.tar.gz

macbookpro31.tar.gz