Installation does not start (Loud BEEP, HD 5770)

johnny2k

2 posts in this topic

Hello!

I want to install Snow Leopard (10.6.0 Retail disc) on my machine:

My hardware:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

ATI Radeon HD 5770

6 GB RAM

I tried several "bootloaders" (Empire EFI from CD, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from CD, Chameleon 2 RC4 from USB Stick) to start the installation from the retail disc, but it always stops at this point at the very beginning:

install-problem.gif

Directly after this point, the screen turns black, the cooler of my ATI HD 5770 turns up and a loud "BEEEP" noise appears. (I think it comes from the graphics card, but I'm not sure, may be from the motherboard either.)

I think this problem may be related to the graphics card, but I'm not sure. The graphics card is:

ATI VGA Controller [1002:68b8] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

(as you can read on the screenshot)

On my custom Chameleon 2 RC4-installation on USB-stick, I used "Graphics-Enabler = Yes", the other boot-CDs have been left untouched.

What is wrong?

Hello!

I want to install Snow Leopard (10.6.0 Retail disc) on my machine:

My hardware:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

ATI Radeon HD 5770

6 GB RAM

I tried several "bootloaders" (Empire EFI from CD, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from CD, Chameleon 2 RC4 from USB Stick) to start the installation from the retail disc, but it always stops at this point at the very beginning:

install-problem.gif

Directly after this point, the screen turns black, the cooler of my ATI HD 5770 turns up and a loud "BEEEP" noise appears. (I think it comes from the graphics card, but I'm not sure, may be from the motherboard either.)

I think this problem may be related to the graphics card, but I'm not sure. The graphics card is:

ATI VGA Controller [1002:68b8] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

(as you can read on the screenshot)

On my custom Chameleon 2 RC4-installation on USB-stick, I used "Graphics-Enabler = Yes", the other boot-CDs have been left untouched.

What is wrong?

Shot in the dark here but does your MB have a built in graphics chip ?. Maybe you could try using this to overcome the panic ? or can you get your hands on a known to be working card which you can find on the forum and try using that.