GA-EG31M-S2

OS TEST

2 posts in this topic

i have no idea if this might help and anyone or if anyone can help me. my system is working fulling with out the DSDT. my only prob is that the 8800gts 320mb card so not show QC/QI.

system details

mother board in header.

seagate 750 gig drive

4 gig 800mhz ram

8800 gts 320mb pci-e video card

retail mac os

you will need a to have a system running mac to get this working

steps i followed

1 my dvd was patched with "EP45UD3P Snow Leopard.pkg" already

2 what the heck, i repatched the same dvd with "ES2L Kit ". does it make a diff i don't think but it works

3 while in a working a osx, i formatted the 750 drive as you all know, before i restarted i update to 10.6.1, did not repair permission. the run the "EP45UD3P Snow Leopard.pkg" on the 750gig drive

i can't stress this but make sure you remove the dsdt file from "Extra" folder or your system will crash

4 restart system from a work Chameleon , enter 750 drive after setting up, bootable user name/etc.

5 upgrade to 10.6.2

6 this is where i learn the hard way the audio will crash if you go to 10.6.3, before fixing the audio.

so note load the audio. mine alc 888.

7 copy the audio kext if they work to the desk, then upgrade to 10.6.3

8 restart the system with kext helper b7, reload the audio from the desktop.

9 finalization just change the file you need, fakesmc 2.5 by netkas, platformUUId, NullCPUPowerMananagement, OpenHaltRestart i had take IOnetworkingfamily from 10.6.0, and lock the network in system preferences if not internet connection disappear.

just a side note i used the Nvinject, it allow me to change screen size, as i said earlier not qc/qi, if any one file any way to enable this let me know ,

no i did not patch my com.apple.Boot.plist. not needed

now you can use Chameleon, or not my system boot fine with or with out.

i have being testing this for 1 1/2 day now.

i don't post alot but hope this helps someone in need.

no idea if it will work for other mother boards, its very very stable,

' deep sleep, restart, shut down' works