BCM5754 REV167A Officially WORKS!

reyaz01

9 posts in this topic

Lol, okay, just thought i'd share that the BCM5754 REV167A officially works perfectly and flawlessly with OSX 10.5.6 Leopard. As of now i am using safari to write this message. The following was the kext i used and tweaked a little BCM5754_14e4_167a_working.zip

I used kext helper to install it. This part is important, make sure and UNPLUG your network cable before you install it else your system will hang at startup. Also make sure UPnP is enabled in your router before anything is done. Lastly install the kext and everything will be fine.

PS: THIS IS ONLY FOR BROADCOM 5754 DEV 167A REV 2.

THANKS TO THE GUYS AT THESE FORUMS AND THANKS TO THE GUY THAT MADE THAT KEXT! HE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care everyone, now its just to try and get my ATI X1300/1550 to enable QE.

Lol, okay, just thought i'd share that the BCM5754 REV167A officially works perfectly and flawlessly with OSX 10.5.6 Leopard. As of now i am using safari to write this message. The following was the kext i used and tweaked a little BCM5754_14e4_167a_working.zip

I used kext helper to install it. This part is important, make sure and UNPLUG your network cable before you install it else your system will hang at startup. Also make sure UPnP is enabled in your router before anything is done. Lastly install the kext and everything will be fine.

PS: THIS IS ONLY FOR BROADCOM 5754 DEV 167A REV 2.

THANKS TO THE GUYS AT THESE FORUMS AND THANKS TO THE GUY THAT MADE THAT KEXT! HE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care everyone, now its just to try and get my ATI X1300/1550 to enable QE.

Just an update the ATI Radeon 256 MB X1300 PRO officially works flawlessly QE/QI supported. I have a fullly working Mac OSX 10.5.8 system but i still miss some windows apps. Especially windows live messenger.

• 4 weeks later...

hey.. dude.. I have the same ethernet card (bcm5754) that came with my dell pc.. I did what you exactly posted.. but after rebooting my Mac OS X.. I didn't get onto it.. I mean, The loading circle just stops or freezes.. and then I Can't neither log in my Mac OS X account.. I had to reinstall to have back the mac os x.

What I want is Internet connection.. :( HELP ME!!.. keep in touch!

PD: I used.. Kext helper beta7.. and put the 2 files extracted from ZIP file.. then PRESS: EASY INSTALL.. finally I rebooted.. and FREEZES FOREVER.. I must reinstall mac..again.. I've tried 3 times.. really need help please!!

• 4 months later...
hey.. dude.. I have the same ethernet card (bcm5754) that came with my dell pc.. I did what you exactly posted.. but after rebooting my Mac OS X.. I didn't get onto it.. I mean, The loading circle just stops or freezes.. and then I Can't neither log in my Mac OS X account.. I had to reinstall to have back the mac os x.

What I want is Internet connection.. :( HELP ME!!.. keep in touch!

PD: I used.. Kext helper beta7.. and put the 2 files extracted from ZIP file.. then PRESS: EASY INSTALL.. finally I rebooted.. and FREEZES FOREVER.. I must reinstall mac..again.. I've tried 3 times.. really need help please!!

Lol, funny story - since the time I got the BCM5754 to work, I gave up on Leopard because it was just too much work. Now I've revisited it and used this same kext and getting the same problem that you posted above. I have no idea why it's happening now because it worked absolutely great before. Not sure if I've missed something. Have you gotten yours to work?

• 1 month later...
Just an update the ATI Radeon 256 MB X1300 PRO officially works flawlessly QE/QI supported. I have a fullly working Mac OSX 10.5.8 system but i still miss some windows apps. Especially windows live messenger.

Would you please share how you got the ATI card working? Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

works well with AppleBCM5787MEthernet.kext in Snow Leopard (im using kext ver 2.1.0 (24))

+ add devid -> Info.plist

+ MAC address hard coding in AppleBCM5787MEthernet binary (hex) (ifconfig enX ether|lladdr xx:xx:... hangs OS)

+ need sudo tcpdump -i enX (Start_Promisc tool -> StartupItems)

• 9 months later...

This is what im doing with 10.6.8:

http://osx86.co/f36/bcm5754-m-bcm5755-m-bcm5787-m-bcm5906-m-t6946/

For 10.5.8 I was using modified from here, grabbed the two working ones from here (16 7b and 16 00) and using HexComp I changed where they were differnet to 7A and worked like a charm, even had MAC address. I uploaded it somehwere in this forum, do a search. The file is AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip on here...