Futjitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi3650 ( ..and 3670)

gsam_fan

5 posts in this topic

after a long time i am back and i'll share with you my work so far... :)

Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi 3650

Bios Version: 1.0G Date: 07.04.2009

PART 1: "MINIMAL SL RETAIL INSTALL"

its a good idea to store the files on a USB stick...so that you can access them anytime.

this steps are for install for GPT or MBR install..choose your favorite , i use MBR on 500GB WD-sata (Ubuntu and Grub have problems with GPT partition tables..) :

1Partition(primary) = Windows7 (100GB)

2Partition(primary) = OSX(100GB)

3Partition(primary) = Ubuntu(100GB)

4partition(extended)=200GB-------->

5Partition(logical) = LinuxSwap(4GB)

6Partition(logical) = DATA_NTFS(196GB) ***

***(the rest of the HD so that can exchange files from al OSs... ;D

its a good idea first to install Windows 7 , after OSX and last Ubuntu (don't select MBR for the Grub bootloader but the Ubuntu partition , sda3 in my scenario ...)

steps:

1.get the boot.iso for snow and burn it to a cd

2.get the moded files for the Retail dvd.... you know what to do....on an other pc and create a fixed for MBR installation dvd

3.bios settings-------> achi mode , nvidia display only ,rtc enabled...Notice: you have to correct bios settings any time you reboot the SL until you fix your DSDT for cmos reset...

4. boot the Boot CD (don't bother for the EBIOS errors.. just wait) , eject it , insert Retail Fixed DVD , press f5 for refresh , boot it.... that's it , you are installing SL...

at the end you will see an error .. don't bother hard reset the Amilo...

5.boot the Boot CD and select your new OSX partition on your hd... Notice: you'll need a USB mouse and Keyboard to start up....the Amilos's don't work at this time..!!!

6.finish the configuration , get the Chameleon v2 RC3 and install it on SL partition. mount the boot CD , mount the Preboot.dmg of Boot CD (into Extra folder) and copy all the Extra of Preboot.dmg to your /Extra . Run the KextUtility to correct permissions. Open Diskutility...get the uuid with right-click on the SL partition , edit in terminal the Info.plist of PlatformUUID.kext in /Extra/Extensions/ (sudo -s nano /Extra/Extensions/PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist) and paste it :

<key>PlatformUUID</key>

<string>HERE PASTE YOUR NEW UUID WITHOUT SPACES</string>

Edit the com.apple.boot.plist into /Extra/ and paste from the new PlatformUUID.kext/Contents/Info.plist the :

<key>PlatformUUID</key>

<string>...........-........-............................</string>

under the:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

Notice:(again..!!!!):

cmos will reset any time you reset the Amilo, so fix it after any startup ( f2-bios settings)

USB keyboard-mouse needed at this time...

... end off part 1 : " Minimal SL Retail"

http://www.mediafire.com/?myzwkb2jkwm

PART 2: "BASIC STEPS TO GET RIDE OF SOME BOGUS-MOGUS"

1. we will need internet access: Intell82566.kest (x64)

install it with KextHelper.. ( i keep it in /Extra/Extensions/ and in /System/Library/Extensions...)

2. reboot (reboot don't work yet..so shutdown) ;)

3. FIX YOUR DAMN BIOS RESET (.. again... remember? f2--->bios settings... achi mode, nvidia display only , rtc enabled)

4. do software update to go to 10.6.2 but.....

get handy the SleepEnabler.kext and copy it over the old one into /Extra/Extensions/ BEFORE you reboot the Amilo.... do a permissions repair with the KextUtility BEFORE you reboot the Amilo ...(you don't want a Kernel Panic ... do you ?).Restart do finish update...

5. FIX YOUR DAMN BIOS RESET (.. again..!!!) :P

.... at this point your are 10.6.2 but no sound no keyboard no mouse e.t.c.

6. FIX THE CMOS RESET

run the DSDTSE.... and fix the RTC, HPET and CMOS reset :blink:

(i'll post the basic DSDT.aml for those who are bored to do this...)

copy the dsdt.aml to the / (root) so chameleon can see it... ( rename it to DSDT.aml )

7. restart the Amilo... no need for f2 anymore ? :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?jwzggfgeywv

DSDT files (all errors-warnings-etc fixed PLUS :DHPET hack ,RTC hack ,CMOS reset fixed):

http://www.mediafire.com/?hijmdxjqidm

• 1 month later...

I have the same machine as you

I have got vanilla speedstep working but having problems :wacko:

with the machine freezing it can happen in 30sec or 10min its random

wish there was some program to monitor the gpu

maybe its getting to hot , powermizer support possible in snow leopard ?

cpu sits about 44idle with speedstep

with null cpu pm 48-49 degrees

System Spec

Amilo xi3650

cpu intel core2duo p8600

gpu 9600m gt + intel onboard graphics

Hdd 2x500gb scorpio blue 5400rpm sata

Display 18.4"" Wide screen 1920x1080 duel lamp display

Memory 4gb ddr3 1066mhz

• 1 month later...
DSDT files (all errors-warnings-etc fixed PLUS :(HPET hack ,RTC hack ,CMOS reset fixed):

http://www.mediafire.com/?hijmdxjqidm

Hello and congrats for your excellent job on the instructions. They saved me hours of trials and error.

First, the dsdt files are not available on mediafire anymore. Could you please upload again?

Sorry for ask, I am not that lazy trying to avoid the work, but I have no experience on dsdt thing and I am not sure about the results.

Following your tutorial I managed to have a working snow 10.6.2 on my amilo 3650 but a lot of things do not work :(

Keyboard, mouse (touchpad that is), cmos needs F2 on each boot, nvidia 9600m gt (i have only 1024 X 768), wifi adapter (lan works fine with the the driver you provided) and audio.

All those start to work with dsdt hacks?

Thank you,

Paul

• 1 month later...
Hello and congrats for your excellent job on the instructions. They saved me hours of trials and error.

First, the dsdt files are not available on mediafire anymore. Could you please upload again?

Sorry for ask, I am not that lazy trying to avoid the work, but I have no experience on dsdt thing and I am not sure about the results.

Following your tutorial I managed to have a working snow 10.6.2 on my amilo 3650 but a lot of things do not work :P

Keyboard, mouse (touchpad that is), cmos needs F2 on each boot, nvidia 9600m gt (i have only 1024 X 768), wifi adapter (lan works fine with the the driver you provided) and audio.

All those start to work with dsdt hacks?

Thank you,

Paul

http://www.mediafire.com/?minzwemylmz