Little Snitch on 10.6 hackintosh

oliver ramsey

9 posts in this topic

hi, ive just built my hackintosh machine, installed 10.6 ok.

Come to start installing software and i started with little snitch, i rebooted and the start up got stuck, so i rebooted and it started ok, but when the computer loaded little snitch the kinda blacked out screen with you must restart your mac message came up and comes up each time i reboot.

I understand little snitch works in 10.5, but has anyone got it to work in 10.6???

thanks

My hackintosh method was the guide on lifehacker:

http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...acking-required

my build is quadcore 2.66ghz, gigabyte ga-ep45 ud3lr, pny geforce 9800GT, 4gb ram

hi, ive just built my hackintosh machine, installed 10.6 ok.

Come to start installing software and i started with little snitch, i rebooted and the start up got stuck, so i rebooted and it started ok, but when the computer loaded little snitch the kinda blacked out screen with you must restart your mac message came up and comes up each time i reboot.

I understand little snitch works in 10.5, but has anyone got it to work in 10.6???

thanks

My hackintosh method was the guide on lifehacker:

http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...acking-required

my build is quadcore 2.66ghz, gigabyte ga-ep45 ud3lr, pny geforce 9800GT, 4gb ram

Easy one this. Little snitch 2.2 which you need for Snow, earlier ones wont work, anyway when you install little snitch puts a kext in the extension folder. You need to rebuild extension, cache & mkext, before restarting easiest way rather than using the terminal is to run Kext Utility, if you dont have it , suggest you download it. It also does the job on the extra/extensions.

Start in safe mode & run the utility

BTW if you clone your drive & start up from the clone, how i don't know but little snitch some how changes its rules & preferences ;-)

Easy one this. Little snitch 2.2 which you need for Snow, earlier ones wont work, anyway when you install little snitch puts a kext in the extension folder. You need to rebuild extension, cache & mkext, before restarting easiest way rather than using the terminal is to run Kext Utility, if you dont have it , suggest you download it. It also does the job on the extra/extensions.

Start in safe mode & run the utility

BTW if you clone your drive & start up from the clone, how i don't know but little snitch some how changes its rules & preferences ;-)

sorry your have to bare with me, safe mode, is there a special key or time to do this?

ok to add, ive just done the -x to get into safe mode, i think i must have a hybrid version of chameleon for my motherboard.

then i just need to run the kext utility?

YES Yes yes

if that does not work, remove the kext (under safe mode) & try to install it again.

initiative

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU for the help :)

is there any other problems with certain programmes?

There are hundreds/thousands of programs so yes

When you have trouble with a specific program, ask the forum, just make sure that you have done your research, because if you ask a question that has been answered many times before, you will be ignored

ok good luck & enjoy Snow