Retail Snow Leopard on Latitude 2100

is44c

2 posts in this topic

To simplify the Latitude 2100 SL installation, I have modified NetbookInstaller a bit. Now I got everything works on Latitudw 2100 except for sleep, bluetooth and ethernet. It is simple, just follow the USB installation guide from Mechdrew (http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/nbi1.shtml) with the following deviation:

1. Use the latest Netbook Bootmaker 0.8.3 RC4. Otherwise you won't boot properly even with -f -x -v etc.

2. When the USB retail DVD boots complete, screen will become black. Don't get panic, it is normal due to the default GMA950 kext. Connect and external monitor, Fn+F8 to toggle to external screen and then unplug the VGA connector and he display will be back to LCD normally and you can go on. Everytime you boot you will have the same problem until you install old mirror friendly GMA

3. Install OSX as normal. When you done, some devices will not work but again this is ok. Upgrade to 10.6.1 as suggested.

4. Do not use the standard NetbookInstaller 0.8.3RC4. Download the following one I have modded for Latitude 2100.

Remember to click on "install old mirror friendly GMA". Give it some time to finish the work and reboot.

Now you have Latitude 2100 works with OSX 10.6.1 except for sleep, BT and ethernet.

• 10 months later...
To simplify the Latitude 2100 SL installation, I have modified NetbookInstaller a bit. Now I got everything works on Latitudw 2100 except for sleep, bluetooth and ethernet. It is simple, just follow the USB installation guide from Mechdrew (http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/nbi1.shtml) with the following deviation:

1. Use the latest Netbook Bootmaker 0.8.3 RC4. Otherwise you won't boot properly even with -f -x -v etc.

2. When the USB retail DVD boots complete, screen will become black. Don't get panic, it is normal due to the default GMA950 kext. Connect and external monitor, Fn+F8 to toggle to external screen and then unplug the VGA connector and he display will be back to LCD normally and you can go on. Everytime you boot you will have the same problem until you install old mirror friendly GMA

3. Install OSX as normal. When you done, some devices will not work but again this is ok. Upgrade to 10.6.1 as suggested.

4. Do not use the standard NetbookInstaller 0.8.3RC4. Download the following one I have modded for Latitude 2100.

Remember to click on "install old mirror friendly GMA". Give it some time to finish the work and reboot.

Now you have Latitude 2100 works with OSX 10.6.1 except for sleep, BT and ethernet.

The modded netbook installer file doesn't seem to be linked in the post above. Does anyone know where I can download it?