iDeneb v1.4 reboot loop on AMD 790GX

sarkdog

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

I searched on the forum for guides about 790GX.

I found one but that was for Snow Leopard and you had to have os x all ready installed.

On several topics I saw people who installed iDeneb v1.4 and got it working.

I'm really curious to how you guys did that because mine keeps rebooting after a succesfull install.

I used the voodoo kernel and these are my specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 955

ASRock M3A790GXH/128M. <- 790GX + SB750 chipset

6GB kingston DDR3

XFX HD 4870 1GB XXX

160GB samsung spinpoint.

bump

Use boot flags

-v voodoo maxmem=2048 busratio=20 cpus=1 noapic

-v -verbose mode (displays boot messages; for diagnostic purpose)

voodoo - boots voodoo kernel

maxmem=2048 - forces to use 2Gb of RAM instead of all available (may be useful then booting with full memory enabled, doesn't work)

busratio - useful for AMD CPUs

cpus=1 - forces to use only one core of all available (useful then OS X doesn't boot with all cores enabled)

noapic - disables IO-APIC

Use boot flags

maxmem=2048 - forces to use 2Gb of RAM instead of all available (may be useful then booting with full memory enabled, doesn't work)

cpus=1 - forces to use only one core of all available (useful then OS X doesn't boot with all cores enabled)

This worked thanks!

My system works great. I just need to get some gpu drivers for my HD4870.

But everytime I boot my computer, do I need to type this in?

Actually no. Find out which flags are necessary for the system to boot (in other words check which flags does nothing). Then use OSx86Tools to add these boot flags to apple.com.Boot.plist (kernel flags section).

Ohw ok thanks :D. Damn you're great.

I couldn't get my HD4870 to work good so I wasn't able to really use parallels 5 so I installed windows again.

But I'm definitly going to install it again. Thanks for your help :)!

I'm trying to install ideneb 10.5.8 lite under vmware.

Asus P5Q Pro

E8400

HD4870

I had been receiving the Voodoo rtclock_init panic kernel error upon trying to install the OS. The only flag mentioned in this post which would allow the install to proceed was the -v -busratio=20 flags to be set.

I was able to get to the install screen and install on the virtual HD set up. The OS requires a reboot. If I let the disc just reboot, I get the same kernel panic...if I try the busratio=20 flag again, it goes back to the OS install setup. Any ideas on how to get into the desktop so that I am able to use OSX86 tools and add the string to the bootup script?

I'm trying to install ideneb 10.5.8 lite under vmware.

Asus P5Q Pro

E8400

HD4870

I had been receiving the Voodoo rtclock_init panic kernel error upon trying to install the OS. The only flag mentioned in this post which would allow the install to proceed was the -v -busratio=20 flags to be set.

I was able to get to the install screen and install on the virtual HD set up. The OS requires a reboot. If I let the disc just reboot, I get the same kernel panic...if I try the busratio=20 flag again, it goes back to the OS install setup. Any ideas on how to get into the desktop so that I am able to use OSX86 tools and add the string to the bootup script?

I think after reboot you have to choose your virtual hard disk as the first boot drive in vmware then apply boot flags and boot. What you were doing is applying bootflags for the dvd, naturally the setup would start. Just boot from virtual hdd

I think after reboot you have to choose your virtual hard disk as the first boot drive in vmware then apply boot flags and boot. What you were doing is applying bootflags for the dvd, naturally the setup would start. Just boot from virtual hdd

At work now, but I will try this later this afternoon. Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Ok...changed the VMWare settings to boot from the Hard Drive first. I don't even get the option anymore to enter any boot flags, and get an "Operating System Not Found" error message.

Any other ideas? :thumbsup_anim:

Ok...changed the VMWare settings to boot from the Hard Drive first. I don't even get the option anymore to enter any boot flags, and get an "Operating System Not Found" error message.

Any other ideas? :)

Did a little more research...was able to boot to the hard drive with the flag:

-v rd=disk0s2 -busratio=20

• 3 weeks later...

I have the asrock too, can't get it to boot with anything. How did you manage to boot it with ideneb? I tried IPC, a few version if ideneb, leo4all. I wanted to get snow, but I can't even get the leopard on it. How you can provide more information.

Hello,

I searched on the forum for guides about 790GX.

I found one but that was for Snow Leopard and you had to have os x all ready installed.

On several topics I saw people who installed iDeneb v1.4 and got it working.

I'm really curious to how you guys did that because mine keeps rebooting after a succesfull install.

I used the voodoo kernel and these are my specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 955

ASRock M3A790GXH/128M. <- 790GX + SB750 chipset

6GB kingston DDR3

XFX HD 4870 1GB XXX

160GB samsung spinpoint.

bump

• 2 months later...

Hello,

im trying to duel boot ideneb v1.4 10.5.6 with my windows 7 computer. when ever i try to boot the disk by just entering enter it goes then it reboots my computer. i've tried all the flags like -v and so-on and i've also tried cpus=1 and it does not work. ive tried a lot of things and it ends up just rebooting my computer...

here is what is inside my computer:

Asus K8V mother board

2GB of RAM

141GB hard-drive (this is the partitioned amount)

ADM Sempron 2600+ (SSE2 and SSE3 compatible)

thanks to any one who can help!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, i tried to install iDeneb v1.3 on my pc (hardware is listed in my signature), but i get an infinite loop. then i tried these "command lines" on startup, but the problem hasn't solved

Use boot flags

do i have to try anything else? is there a better version of iDeneb (or leo4all, i know it's better for AMD cpus) i should try?

thanks!

Hi, how did you guy installed it?

I managed to install iDeneb 1.6 but that's all, I am not able to boot it poperly. Depending on the checkboxes I checked during the installation process, the system either stops at an grey screen with an apple sybol in the middle, or with a light blue screen.

Btw, I istalled it with a Bootloader Chameleon 2. How am I able to use flags. There are 3 preset: -v -s -f

How can I type in my own flags, e.g. -x or something.

I am trying this now for weeks, actually monthe but with a break of several month. I don't know what else to do, but I really want to get it to work.

Here are my Specs:

ASRock M3A790GXH

AMD Phenom II 720 BE (no OC, so it's running at 2.8Ghz)

ATI HD4890 1024mb

8GB DDR3-1333Mhz Ram

I hope you guys can help me. I really want to get it to work. By know I actually tryed Leo4all, iPC, iDeneb, iAtkos. Each of them in 2 different version.

• 10 months later...

Bloody Brilliant, you guys are lifesavers! Just got iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 running on my Acer Aspire 5742. Ended up using "busratio=20" and it booted right up.

I can't get OSx86 Tools to add "busratio=20" to the kernal flag boot section, when I hit Apply changes an AppleScript Error appears. Says "/bin/sh: /Applications/iDeneb: No such file or directory (127)". Any Ideas?