Working GeForce 7400 go with QE/CI (Leo 10.5.8) (kexts included)

mkMoSs

2 posts in this topic

I was struggling with this for 3 days now. I tried every possible solution I could find in these forums and our friend Google, nothing worked. No kext worked, no trick or solution worked.

Finally I followed a post saying to delete every existing NV*.kext and Ge*.kext in /System/Library/Extensions and install the 9f23 package from http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

I did that however, no QE/CI and 7400 go is not listed in the EFI Studio.

EFI string in Boot.plist is not needed anyway.

After that I tried to enter my device id to Info.plist in NVDANV40Hal.kext and in NVDAResman.kext and it didn't even go in to graphical environment.

So I said ok last try, I installed the NVinjectGo.kext and VOILA! To my surprise QE/CI and dual monitor working like a charm!

So I decided to include those kexts which I believe are responsible for a working QE/CI with GeForce 7400 go

Perhaps you will need to follow the steps I did, I am not so sure. I am not an expert. But most probably you will need to remove all other kexts for Nvdia (i.e. NVkush, NVenable, Natit, NVinject etc...)

REMEMBER you need to enter your own device ID in to the Info.plist in ALL of the kexts mine is 01d8

post-420397-1256555706_thumb.png

NVDANV40Hal.kext.zip

NVDAResman.kext.rar

NVinjectGo.kext.zip

• 3 months later...
I was struggling with this for 3 days now. I tried every possible solution I could find in these forums and our friend Google, nothing worked. No kext worked, no trick or solution worked.

Finally I followed a post saying to delete every existing NV*.kext and Ge*.kext in /System/Library/Extensions and install the 9f23 package from http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20

I did that however, no QE/CI and 7400 go is not listed in the EFI Studio.

EFI string in Boot.plist is not needed anyway.

After that I tried to enter my device id to Info.plist in NVDANV40Hal.kext and in NVDAResman.kext and it didn't even go in to graphical environment.

So I said ok last try, I installed the NVinjectGo.kext and VOILA! To my surprise QE/CI and dual monitor working like a charm!

So I decided to include those kexts which I believe are responsible for a working QE/CI with GeForce 7400 go

Perhaps you will need to follow the steps I did, I am not so sure. I am not an expert. But most probably you will need to remove all other kexts for Nvdia (i.e. NVkush, NVenable, Natit, NVinject etc...)

REMEMBER you need to enter your own device ID in to the Info.plist in ALL of the kexts mine is 01d8

post-420397-1256555706_thumb.png

Hi mkMoSs,

Thanks for that info. ;) But I am even less of an expert than you, so I was wondering if you could explain in more detail what steps you took. I am stuck at which plists and where inside plists to add my device id (which is the same as yours). I mean maybe you could upload your modified kexts with the device id changed for those with the same card as you?

Cheers dude.