DWA-160 - will the manufacturer drivers work?

saintsadvocate

7 posts in this topic

I've been reading this site for a long time, but my first time posting, please be patient with me.. :D

I've been trying to get my intel 3945abg card to work for a couple days now when I realized that I have a usb dongle that has mac drivers on the website.

I have D-Link's DWA-160.  I noticed that the mac drivers are here on the D-Link site:

http://www.dlink.ca/products/?tab=3&pi...amp;rev=DWA-160

do you think they would work?

thanks in ahead

I've been reading this site for a long time, but my first time posting, please be patient with me.. :)

I've been trying to get my intel 3945abg card to work for a couple days now when I realized that I have a usb dongle that has mac drivers on the website.

I have D-Link's DWA-160. I noticed that the mac drivers are here on the D-Link site:

http://www.dlink.ca/products/?tab=3&pi...amp;rev=DWA-160

do you think they would work?

thanks in ahead

If there's mac drivers for the dongle why wouldn't they work? Try it out and report back so other people can see.

• 3 months later...
If there's mac drivers for the dongle why wouldn't they work? Try it out and report back so other people can see.

Hey guys. Am totally new to MAC, started few days ago. I have the iAtkos version installed on DELL Dimension 8400 PC. The built in NIC doesn't work, thus i tried to install the DWA-160 drivers... The installation succeeded & the PC restarted, but the device still doesn't work. Even if i open the Dlink Wireless application to pickup a model, it's empty..

I was reading this page & thought it's worth the reply with what i got :))

Thanx for any help.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys. Am totally new to MAC, started few days ago. I have the iAtkos version installed on DELL Dimension 8400 PC. The built in NIC doesn't work, thus i tried to install the DWA-160 drivers... The installation succeeded & the PC restarted, but the device still doesn't work. Even if i open the Dlink Wireless application to pickup a model, it's empty..

I was reading this page & thought it's worth the reply with what i got :) )

Thanx for any help.

The D-Link DWA-160 is compatible with a real MAC. I have not tested yet with a hackintosh but it should work. I had a sight on the link you mentioned but the driver is quite old so I suggest you can try to get a newer one on a european site (the french one, may be... :(:whistle: ).

Good luck.

Oh I just forgot : beware of the revision of your NIC : download a driver according to the revision of the nic : A or B

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I bought the DWA 160 A2 and installed with the manufacturers drivers. It works, but it disconnects every two seconds. And once it reconnects it immediately shows up as having a "self assigned ip address". I'm about to return it but I want to see if there are any solutions.