Help! with Broadcom wifi BCM94311MCG

aevious

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, and thank you to anyone who could possible help me with this. I currently have iatkos 2.0i running on my Acer Extensa 4620Z, which uses an internal Broadcom wifi card with the ID of BCM94311MCG. I can't seem to figure out any way to get this wifi card working, I currently am using a USB Belkin card which works fine, but would much rather use the internal wifi card if possible. Has anyone got this card to work? Thanks!!!!! Ps.. One solutions reported earlier was to disable my wifi card in my computers bios, and restart, then enable the wifi card, and restart again, however my bios does not allow me to disable my card as an option. As far as I can see at least.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart
Hello all, and thank you to anyone who could possible help me with this. I currently have iatkos 2.0i running on my Acer Extensa 4620Z, which uses an internal Broadcom wifi card with the ID of BCM94311MCG. I can't seem to figure out any way to get this wifi card working, I currently am using a USB Belkin card which works fine, but would much rather use the internal wifi card if possible. Has anyone got this card to work? Thanks!!!!! Ps.. One solutions reported earlier was to disable my wifi card in my computers bios, and restart, then enable the wifi card, and restart again, however my bios does not allow me to disable my card as an option. As far as I can see at least.

The BCM4311 does work in OSX, modification of the IO802Family.kext is required, you need to inert your ID's in the info.plist file of the Broadcom driver or re-ID the card to be recognize natively.

You should be able to find posts that describe how to add your ID's to the info.plist file, re-IDing the card is a little more involved but I do have a service to do this and I do provide a real Windows drivers CD (not a generic CDR) to keep it working in Windows.

Alternately you probably could have just bought a card already to go from me for probably what you paid for the card you did buy (unless you got it really cheap) for $24.95 with free shipping.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all!

i am in desperate need for some help.

I turned my aspire one to a hackintosh with dual boot to xp. knowing the aspire one's wifi card is not supported in os x i took apart a diffrent acer i had which had a broadcom 4311 card in it swaped the two cards installed drivers on the other acer ran like a charm with the aspire one card finished installing os x and right off the bat airport was working. now i booted into xp on the aspire one and of course it needs drivers for the new card... attempted to instale some and i am having no luck after 5 diffrent drivers it finaly took to one but still has the explanation point by the card in hardware profile and is not working.... anyone have a solutoin to a broadcom 4311 wireless driver for xp?

the actual card model is bcm94311mcg

hi all!

i am in desperate need for some help.

I turned my aspire one to a hackintosh with dual boot to xp. knowing the aspire one's wifi card is not supported in os x i took apart a diffrent acer i had which had a broadcom 4311 card in it swaped the two cards installed drivers on the other acer ran like a charm with the aspire one card finished installing os x and right off the bat airport was working. now i booted into xp on the aspire one and of course it needs drivers for the new card... attempted to instale some and i am having no luck after 5 diffrent drivers it finaly took to one but still has the explanation point by the card in hardware profile and is not working.... anyone have a solutoin to a broadcom 4311 wireless driver for xp?

the actual card model is bcm94311mcg

Solved!!!! after hours of searching i ran accross a site with someone showing people how to downgrade their vista and a link to the xp driver was posted!!! hell freaking yeah.... so incase anyone else has the same issue i found the solution at http://soulpass.com/2007/11/10/installing-...15-2153-laptop/

and the link to the download page for the driver is... http://www.acerpanam.com/synap…211bg_Broadcom_v4.2.2.7.zip

for some strange reason it is 75mb... but fock it it works...

once again the broadcom bcm94311mcg card works on osx86 without any kext editing