Asus USB Installation

MAC_SO

3 posts in this topic

Hello professionals I need your help,

I tried installing Big Sur using USB and latest OpenCore, but but stuck at boot screen with AppleNVMe Assert failed Error.

It's a bit strange, because with same OpenCore 0.6.9 and latest Catalina 10.5.17 system runs just great.

I've attached a photo and EFI file (OpenCore 6.0.9)

My Rig: Asus Z10PE-D16 / 2x Xeon E5-2650 v3

Samsung 960 PRO M.2 SSD 500GB

Graphic GeForce GT 710

I'd be grateful if you can help me. 

Pic_01.png

EFI.zip

Edited by MAC_SO

5 hours ago, Hervé said:

I'm not aware of any incompatibility between Big Sur and the Samsung 960 PRO; I myself run Big Sur perfectly on a 960 EVO in my Latitude E7270 laptop. I noticed your NVME-related SSDTs in your OC ACPI folder but they're disabled so we can rule these out. You've got the recommended NVMEFix kext in place and enabled, maybe you could try and disable it (I don't use it with my 960 EVO).

I also noticed a few oddities in your OC config that I think you ought to look at:

1. you use SSDT-EC table to define a fake EC but apply renaming of H_EC + ECDV to EC at the same time
  2. you use SSDT-XOSI table but lack the renaming of _OSI to XOSI; these go together or SSDT-XOSI table is useless since its contents is never called at ACPI level
  3. you use NullCPUPowerManagement whilst calling on SSDT-PLUG for what is effectively native CPU power management
  4. in the same line, you've enabled AICPUPM patch (AppleCpuPmCfgLock) and XCPM (AppleXcpmCfgLock) for CPU power management; former is for Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge platforms when latter if for Haswell and later platforms (but sometimes supported by Ivy Bridge platforms). Xeon E5-2650 v3 is Haswell so AICPUPM patch is useless though it'll do no harm. You may need something like VoodooTSCSync on the other hand to manage all cores of each CPU, given that these are 10-core models.
  5. you use boot arg npci=0x3000. Tried without or with value 0x2000?

I've not used OC 0.6.9 yet (still on earlier release 0.6.4/0.6.5) but you should also check that your UEFI settings are correct.

thanks m8, I've done all by your recommendations, but so far to no avail it's same error:(

Could you please take a look at my modified EFI file (now is OC 0.6.5), maybe I missed something?

Pic_1.png

EFI.zip

Edited by MAC_SO

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

You've got boot arg nvda_drv=1 in your OC config (NVRAM section). That's for the nVidia Web driver which does not apply to GT710 and does not exist since Mojave... Get rid of this boot arg.

yes sure, I've just removed boot arg nvda_drv=1, then restarted system and reseted NVRAM as usual, but the result is same:( Is there anything else that has to be done? 

I've just created another USB Catalina with the same EFI file and Installation runs without problem.

Edited by MAC_SO