• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
griven

Lenovo IdeaPad z360 (optimus)

3 posts in this topic

i just got hands on an IdeaPad z360 with NVidia Optimus Technology on which I´d like to install OSX 10.7.X on.

The installation of Lion runs flawlessly and the installed System boots up just fine BUT as far as I know there is no way to enable QE/CI. OSX detects both, the nVidia Chipset (NV3100M) and the GMA and shows them in System Profiler but it only uses the GMA Chipset which isn´t capable to use CI/QE. Unfortunately the Bios offers no Options to switch Graphics so optimus is always enabled...

Is there any Solution to my issue, perhaps a DSDT hack which disables the GMA Graphics part to force OSX to Use the NVIDIA Graphics or a mod Bios which allows me to turn off GMA Graphics and use NVidia Graphics?

Hope anyone of you has a Solution because the little {censored} is a quite perfect Hackbook Air...

Hey AjGilee,

sorry but it is not that easy (of course I checked it before) I can choose between "Discrete Graphics" and "Optimus" and that´s it. The Bios offers no way to disable Intel´s GMA which isn´t supported by OSX. That´s why I asked if there is an DSDT based hack and/or a ModBios available which allows me to hide/disable Intel´s GMA and force the Notebook to always use the NVIDIA GPU.

greetz griv.