Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Chimera/Chameleon Fat32 boot problem

2 posts in this topic

My English is like it is icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm doing a triple-boot thumb drive with my own build of Windows 7, Xubuntu 12.10 and Mac OS 10.7.3. This drive suppose to work on PC and Apple Macintosh.

Already done:

[*]EFI-boot Windows 7 installer

[*]EFI-boot Xubuntu 12.10 fully working Live with installer build in

[*]EFI-boot Mac OS 10.7.3 Installer

[*] Booting Mac OS installer via Chameleon/Chimera.

The problem is, Xubuntu and Windows 7 needs to be placed on Fat32 partitions, for EFI-booting on Macintosh (as far I know, Mac can only boot .efi files placed on fat32 or hfs partitions). And.. those partitions are invisible in chimera/chameleon boot menu.

Problem doesn't exist, when thumb drive is formatted in GPT schema, but it's impossible to boot windows 7 or xubuntu installers from gpt formatted drive (can't find root device - both).

I have already tried Hybrid GPT; MBR with 0xEE EFI partition; and few other things. Now I'm testing Clover bootloader, but it doesn't boot my fat32 partitions (there are visible in Clover).

So the question is: Is it possible to show up Fat32 partitions in chimera/chameleon, on MBR formatted drive?