acer aspire 5600, wont boot with more than 2.5gb ram

tylak

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, i recently installed osx leopard on this machine. it went so well that i even made a guide and posted it in the tutorials ( genius bar ) and i guess im waiting on mod approval. anyways, i have read some posts about how on my laptop, once you go past 2.5gb ram, it just wont boot. i tried this with a 2gb stick and a 1gb stick i currently have inside ( it has 1.5gb ) and it didnt boot, yet when i use the 2gb and the 512mb stick it boots no problems. does anyone know how to fix this? also boot with the flag ( something like max memory i think) maxmemory= 3072 or w/e doest work either. any help?

Hey everyone, i recently installed osx leopard on this machine. it went so well that i even made a guide and posted it in the tutorials ( genius bar ) and i guess im waiting on mod approval. anyways, i have read some posts about how on my laptop, once you go past 2.5gb ram, it just wont boot. i tried this with a 2gb stick and a 1gb stick i currently have inside ( it has 1.5gb ) and it didnt boot, yet when i use the 2gb and the 512mb stick it boots no problems. does anyone know how to fix this? also boot with the flag ( something like max memory i think) maxmemory= 3072 or w/e doest work either. any help?

Bumping this thread guys.