IDVD 08 starts normally, preview themes doesn´t work (black screen)

SuperflyFM

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with IDVD 08, IDVD starts normally but preview themes doesn´t work (black screen)

My system:

Kalyway 10.5.2 (Vanilla) with kalyway update to 10.5.3

Nvidia, NVinjectGo 0.2.0 (QE/CI are being supported says the system profiler)

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (1,66 Ghz)

I also installed the ilife updates but it´s the same thing, has anyone an idea how i could get it to work?

• 2 weeks later...

I've also got the same problem... I've just finished installing my dual-boot XP OSX (Kalyway 10.5.2) System. As far as I can see, everything else works well, but when I open iDVD all I get is a blank screen...

The hardware that Im running is:

AMD X2 6000+, 4GB 800MHz RAM, Gigabyte GA-MA790X DS4 Motherboard and an ASUS 3870 512MB Video Card. with 3 partitions on my 250GB SATA drive.

the looping audio plays in iDVD, but there is nothing in the preview window, it's just blank. I've updated iMovie because it wouldn't work until I updated it, but there isn't an update to do the same with iDVD...

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks a bunch.

• 2 months later...

I "had" the same problem!!! It realy frustrated me. I even installed a fresh leopard with no luck.

But now it works!

When i first installed it, i had the black screen. After an update, i still had a black screen.

But when i clicked software update in the apple menu, there was another update. So after the second update all worked well!!

So to summon up, there's an update after the first. After that one it has to work.

It did for me.